Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is winning the American regular season conference title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I'll disagree/nuance with this just a little bit. A tougher schedule is more likely to get you a better seed, which does correlate to better success. So there is some merit to tough schedule helping tournament results, but I contend by virtue of improved seeding and matchups, not preparing a team for the tourney.

Still, I think we agree that the overriding factor is team quality.
    Yeah, there's some overlap there. That definitely adds some more context than what I said.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I certainly believe team quality is the overriding factor. I also believe that playing more teams that are similar to what will be encountered in the tourney helps when it comes to the tourney.

If you go back to some of the tourney runs, the MVC was much stronger then than it was the last several years of our membership there. Perhaps that's why the Morris/Kelly/Frankamp team didn't do well in the tourney compared to expectations based on the perceived talent level of that team.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Losing to Houston at home put us behind the 8 ball, for sure. We need to hold serve at home. Will feel better about our chances if we can take Tulsa Saturday.

I am also hopeful our week off will get our shooting and offense back on track.

I very much prefer the challenge of winning a conference through grind out wins, with the assumption that perfection is not necessary in getting an NCAA berth. While I liked pounding the Valley at the end, I hated thinking we had to go undefeated in order to feel safe....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

always being the sarcastic smartass, i'd say whoever is in first place after the last game of the season!

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
            always being the sarcastic smartass, i'd say whoever is in first place after the last game of the season!
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

love it WstateU ... some days just gotta be like that. pretty excited for tulsa this weekend though.

Comment

After the next three games ...

Loseton will have lost to us and Sinsinnasty, but beat Dullane making them 8-3.
                Sinsinnasty will beat Loseton, lose to us, and then get UGone'd by Big East wannabe referees in Storrs, making them 7-3.
                The Hurrycan'ts are going to lose to us, beat UGone in Jokelahoma, and then lose to Sin-Flow, making them 7-3.

We're gonna SMACK the Hurrycan'ts, SPANK Sinsinnasty, and then BLAM-POW-SOCK Loseton -- because THAT's how we roll this February -- making us 8-2.

Then we're in the driver's seat and we set the ol' cruise control to SMASH-MOUTH mph all the way into the tourney!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maizerunner08 and JVShocker(1) predicted Houston, Memphis, Cincy and WSU. Why not Tulsa?
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    After the next three games ...

Loseton will have lost to us and Sinsinnasty, but beat Dullane making them 8-3.
                    Sinsinnasty will beat Loseton, lose to us, and then get UGone'd by Big East wannabe referees in Storrs, making them 7-3.
                    The Hurrycan'ts are going to lose to us, beat UGone in Jokelahoma, and then lose to Sin-Flow, making them 7-3.

We're gonna SMACK the Hurrycan'ts, SPANK Sinsinnasty, and then BLAM-POW-SOCK Loseton -- because THAT's how we roll this February -- making us 8-2.

Then we're in the driver's seat and we set the ol' cruise control to SMASH-MOUTH mph all the way into the tourney!
                    We're gonna make Tulsa wish they were Livin' on Wichita Time...

Then we'll send Cincinnati back to WKRP torn and tattered...

…and smack "Houston, we have a problem" with one of our finest hours of the year...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                      Maizerunner08 and JVShocker(1) predicted Houston, Memphis, Cincy and WSU. Why not Tulsa?

Comment

I chose Houston, since they are currently in 1st place and have a road win against the Shockers, but i would like to get through at least the half-way point of the AAC season before I would be willing to Crown anyone yet. However, back in November I predicted the Shockers would be 10-8 for the AAC Conference Race this season, so we are ahead of where I thought they would be at this point.

Comment

The Temple loss sucked so bad. I hope we maim them at home.

Comment

I picked Houston due to having the talent to finish strong. Tulsa will get exposed at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I picked Houston due to having the talent to finish strong. Tulsa will get exposed at some point.
                              Saturday perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                                The thread title asks who is “winning.” I’d say that’s whoever is at the top of the standings today!

Comment

Working...
                                X