Wichita State at Tulsa Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    What if we go in there and win by 15 again on Saturday?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Thy Shocker Nation come
      Gregg Marshall's will be done
      In the Reynolds Center as it is in Koch Arena
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know I'm speaking heresy, but those Nolan/Paul Pressy teams were FUN to watch...just not get beat by....

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          I know I'm speaking heresy, but those Nolan/Paul Pressy teams were FUN to watch...just not get beat by....
          Seemed like we always had a lead in the second half when Paul Pressy (aka The RubberBandMan) would take over the game. Talk about 'cutting off the head of the snake', our guards would crumble and start turning the ball over on almost every possession... it was maddening. Paul was a great 'college' player and I'm glad I was able to witness his greatness first hand. Not sure how successful he was in the NBA?

Comment

Best Tulsa players I ever saw in person, I guess in order: Pressey, Steve Harris, Shea Seals. Those guys were all total studs!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              Best Tulsa players I ever saw in person, I guess in order: Pressey, Steve Harris, Shea Seals. Those guys were all total studs!
              Hard to argue with those three in that order...

Comment

Seals was a stud. I was surprised he didn't make it in the NBA, only playing four games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shea_Seals

Comment

Steve Harris and the great Ricky Ross (South HS) were a handful in the early '80"s. May Harris RIP!!!

Comment

Seemed like we always had a lead in the second half when Paul Pressy (aka The RubberBandMan) would take over the game. Talk about 'cutting off the head of the snake', our guards would crumble and start turning the ball over on almost every possession... it was maddening. Paul was a great 'college' player and I'm glad I was able to witness his greatness first hand. Not sure how successful he was in the NBA?

he was outstanding in the nba. revolutionary, in a way. he created a new position/nomenclature on the basketball floor: point forward. he always made his team better, at every level (juco included.. won a national title there before moving on to tulsa for two years).

the valley was incredible in that era (carr, pressey, levingston, bird, cheeks, hawkins, mcdaniel.. on and on).

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

he was outstanding in the nba. revolutionary, in a way. he created a new position/nomenclature on the basketball floor: point forward. he always made his team better, at every level (juco included.. won a national title there before moving on to tulsa for two years).
                      Nolan's Juco Championship team could have made a run in the big (bigger) dance... he had some studs and most of them went with him to Tulsa.

Comment

Nolan's Juco Championship team could have made a run in the big (bigger) dance... he had some studs and most of them went with him to Tulsa.
                        great team.

point forward- bird and magic were forwards who could play point.. pressey was a point who could play forward.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

the valley was incredible in that era (carr, pressey, levingston, bird, cheeks, hawkins, mcdaniel.. on and on).
                            Billy Packer disagrees.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Hmmm. The only thing my idiot friends ever put in a clear plastic bag in high school was doobage.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think the question we're all waiting to have answered is...do they confiscate bottle caps?

Comment

Working...
                                X