Wichita State vs Central Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nm
    Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; January 25, 2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

MK mentioned it on the postgame show. It's not always that reliable when trying to determine how a player did for the game.

AM, in the 2 minutes, 46 seconds that he was in the game, had a +4.
      He was 0-4 from the FT line, but other than that he absolutely dominated those 3 minutes on both ends of the court. I'd like to see him a little more.

I do agree that +/- is an interesting stat that doesn't always tell the whole story.

Comment

• Transition defense was terrible and we missed 10-12 wide open shots. Most everything else was very solid.

The guys making shots were mainly guys that we didn’t expect to shoot like that, so I think we will be more prepared next time we play them. If I was guarding Ingram I would make him beat you from outside. Like back off of him ten feet.

Comment

• When the other team runs no offense, I'm not sure what the plan is.

On the one hand, there was a stretch where had they not just chucked a bad shot and got a basket, we'd have been in trouble, and ECU basically gave us enough time to not screw up a possession.

But that strategy paid them off somewhat when they started either hitting a quick shot of going to the line.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Looked and flowed like a high school game. Weird. Glad we got the victory.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I agree. Free throw shooting is a concern as we get closer to March.

When you look at individual stats you see we are lacking an elite FT shooter (Dennis is as elite as we have but he just doesnt have as big of a sample size). We have several average guys, a few below average guys and a few that are horrendous. But when you look at the guys getting MOST of the playing time it isnt horrendous.

Dennis - 85.2%
              Sherfield - 78.2%
              Stevenson - 77.8%
              Echinique - 77.6%
              Etienne - 76%
              Burton - 61.6% (slowly getting a little better)
              Wade - 62%
              Udeze - 51.1%

Gordon - 66.7%
              Mitgaard - 33.3%
              IPBC - 28.6%
              Fernandez - 75%

As long as we keep the correct guys out of foul trouble we will be ok. Issue has been.....keeping them out of foul trouble.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I really like how Gordon plays when he comes in the game. He's not lost, he's efforting like crazy, and he's trying to make plays within the game to earn more playing time. I hope he keeps grinding and finds success.

Comment

• I've been real patient with this group and I still like them a lot, but not getting back on defense really chafes my butt.

​​​​​​
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• We scored 87 points??? Wow...we must've finally played zone.

Comment

• I wish we would have showed a zone...sometime before the last minute of the game. We couldn’t guard the dribble drive and they had no bigs. Guess that’s why I’m not a D1 coach.

Comment

• No reason Burton and Wade can’t get up around 70% by the end of the season. If they do we’ll be fine.

Comment

• MBB Postgame: Jaime Echenique vs. UCF 1-25-20

Comment

• MBB Postgame: Gregg Marshall vs. UCF

Comment

• Our bigs need to consistently finish strong inside. Wade needs to get his mid-range game back so the other team has to guard him. AM practiced free throws at half time and hit 60%. Not great but a lot better than 0%. He needs to score around the basket or hit his freebies. He causes issues for the other team on defense. Clogs up the middle and blocks or changes shots.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Great to see Dexter back not only in his scoring, but in his stride as well. Confidence goes a long way in achieving success, no matter what field of endeavor one chooses.

Comment

Working...
                                X