Drive By Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Happy with our record but, as of right now, I don't believe we even belong in the top 50. . .I did predict 24 W's at the start of the
    season but am really second guessing now
    really. You didn't expect any lows and valleys? just smooth sailing all year eh?

You think the last four or five games or is the REAL Shockers and the first 15 games were an anomaly? If not, you do not think we can get the good vibes going again?

This time last year.....did you think we would see the NIT?

Comment

I said "as of right now". So tell me, how many top 50 teams would we have beaten the past couple weeks?
      In the last two weeks WSU has beaten Memphis. WSU is 1-1 in the last two weeks versus Top 50 teams.

By the way Butler is 0-3 in the last two weeks.
      Michigan State is 1-1 in the last two weeks vs Top 50 (including 29 point loss) - are they 10-12 seed?
      Michigan just went 0-2 versus Top 50 in the last 2 weeks?
      Duke is 1-2 in the last two with a Q2 loss

I could keep going on and on. Amateurs assume today will be like yesterday and tomorrow will be like today. There is an ebb and flow. No reason to not expect WSU to get back to playing at elite level (unless you don't believe in Marshall).

Were probably a 10-12 seed, maybe.
      As of right now WSU is not a 10-12 seed. All you have to look at the projections from day to day see WSU resume at the moment is valued more than 10-12 seed.

Comment

I said "as of right now". So tell me, how many top 50 teams would we have beaten the past couple weeks? We have
        to play much better. If we do dance just who are we going to beat in the first round playing like we have been lately?
        Were probably a 10-12 seed, maybe, and unless we improve dramatically it will be one and done. I'd love some crow so
        bring it on Shocks.
        Well we've beaten one in Memphis. Does that count? Or are they not Top 50 either?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          At the beginning of the year, 16-3, 4-2, a projected 6 or 7 seed would have thrilled 99% of this board.
          It is a good day to be a Kansan whose favorite team doesn't reside in the NE part of the state.
          Fred VanVleet is incredible and I will never be an NBA scout.
          Watching Lynn walk down from the (6th?) row, grab a drink from the players' cooler, and walk right back up into the stands, will never not be funny.

Go Shox!
          Jeez, are you on a blackberry or something?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I said "as of right now". So tell me, how many top 50 teams would we have beaten the past couple weeks? We have
            to play much better. If we do dance just who are we going to beat in the first round playing like we have been lately?
            Were probably a 10-12 seed, maybe, and unless we improve dramatically it will be one and done. I'd love some crow so
            bring it on Shocks.
            Before yesterday's game on 93 brackets we were a 6-7 seed average.

Comment

I thought I missed Jamar Howard 4 President

I was wrong.

Comment

A lot of people on here refuse to realize or continually forget (especially when things go bad) that of the Top 20- 50 teams, no team is a good basketball team every game, every week, or every month. All teams go through ups and downs, especially during this time of year. Why did Kentucky lose to Evansville? Are they that bad? Why did West Virginia get a beat down from KSU? Are they that bad? Almost every team has had bad losses. Most of these teams (us included) aren't as bad as they seem nor are they as good as they seem.

Comment

It’s all about peaking at the right time. Remember when we were ranked all season long in 2017-2018 and then laid an egg vs Marshall in first round of NCAA tourney? With all that talent? I was so pissed off that it just ended like that. I would rather have our rough patch now, and have a phenomenal Feb and Mar and make history again.

I think our 3 sophomores guards are the key: ES, JB, DD. If those three are ever firing on all cylinders together in a game, watch out! DD is back, ES in a slump and JB is hit and miss lately. Plenty of time to get all 3 plus NF, GS, and TE rocking together for a run. I know that I am focusing on our guards but that is where our offense starts and our defense begins.

None of our guards is going pro this year either, so next year even more exciting! Peace

Comment

I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride and digest what I saw in April.

Easier said than done because we all want the Shox to be the best they can be. But relying on Sophomores and Frosh is tough.

Maybe HCGM decided to add a wrinkle into the offense thinking it would take us to another gear and we forgot to hit the clutch... who knows.

maybe the frosh learned what college travel was really like and still adjusting... who knows.

But I believe that long term, we have a great chef baking the goods...

Maybe we just thought the cake was done, but after we took a bite it was a little mushy because we forgot to stick a toothpick in it first... Sometimes you have to put it back in the oven, and I hope that's where we are now.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

How many games in a row did we lose on our final four team?

Comment

In response to many questions above - "as of right now" means after the Memphis game to date. I don't discredit the
                        accomplishments the team made in going 15-1 with some very good wins. I do think since Memphis we have trended
                        significantly downward. I was one of a few predicting as many as 24 wins VERY early on and still think we have a good
                        chance of getting there. I do think we will snap out of our recent funk but guys, as of right now, do you really think we
                        could beat Memphis, Houston, or Cincy the way we have peerformed the past couple weeks? The good news is I think
                        we have learned some valuble lessons that will help us going forward. I'm not sure what seed a 24 win season will get
                        us right now. I originally predicted an 8 seed and I'll stick with it for now.

Comment

Asks if you "really think we could beat Memphis, ... the way we have performed the past couple weeks?"

Literally beat Memphis 13 days ago.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

splitting hairs aren't you? how would you bet if we played right now? that's my point.

Comment

splitting hairs aren't you? how would you bet if we played right now? that's my point.
                              I'd take the team that beat USF by more than 4.

Comment

Memphis beat USF by 4 the game after we played them .. We just beat them by 13 ...

Comment

Working...
                                X