Drive By Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive By Thoughts

At the beginning of the year, 16-3, 4-2, a projected 6 or 7 seed would have thrilled 99% of this board.
    It is a good day to be a Kansan whose favorite team doesn't reside in the NE part of the state.
    Fred VanVleet is incredible and I will never be an NBA scout.
    Watching Lynn walk down from the (6th?) row, grab a drink from the players' cooler, and walk right back up into the stands, will never not be funny.

Go Shox!

Happy with our record but, as of right now, I don't believe we even belong in the top 50. Just being honest. Not
    sure today's team can get to the dance let alone win a game if we do. I did predict 24 W's at the start of the
    season but am really second guessing now

Comment

My problem is that neither Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, or VCU are Q1 games right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        At the beginning of the year, 16-3, 4-2, a projected 6 or 7 seed would have thrilled 99% of this board.
        It is a good day to be a Kansan whose favorite team doesn't reside in the NE part of the state.
        Fred VanVleet is incredible and I will never be an NBA scout.
        Watching Lynn walk down from the (6th?) row, grab a drink from the players' cooler, and walk right back up into the stands, will never not be funny.

Go Shox!
        Wow, look what the cat drug in. Welcome back stranger!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Happy with our record but, as of right now, I don't believe we even belong in the top 50. Just being honest. Not
          sure today's team can get to the dance let alone win a game if we do. I did predict 24 W's at the start of the
          You don't think we belong in the Top 50? What are you on?

Comment

ok now that Jamar is back where's Trop?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Welcome back Jamar, look forward to reading your posts (especially regards Shocker participation in the Big Dance).

I predicted 24 wins for the season and raised my prediction to 27 pre Shocker losses to Temple and Houston. Shocker win against USF was encouraging but not persuasive the Shockers will reach 27 regular season wins. Unlike some posters, I do think the Shockers can win a couple of games in the Dance if they get invited.

Don't have a clue why the Shockers have entered a mid-season swoon but confident they will return to the team play they exhibited against Memphis.

Comment

Saw the title Drive By and thought the KU team was up to their next shenanigans!

Comment

I think you are projecting your "fears" - which may or may not come to pass.

As of today WSU is 30th in NET
                  Q1 1-1
                  Q2 5-2
                  Q3 3-0
                  Q4 7-0

It would be nice if some of the Q2 wins becomes Q1 (which might). But there will be other opportunities (for better or for worse). No bad losses as of yet. If you start comparing that to other teams they will be competing with for at-large they definitely are an at-large team at this moment.

Comment

If you don't think WSU is a Top 50 team, I would recommend watching more non-WSU basketball games. Perspective is a powerful thing.

Comment

I said "as of right now". So tell me, how many top 50 teams would we have beaten the past couple weeks? We have
                      to play much better. If we do dance just who are we going to beat in the first round playing like we have been lately?
                      Were probably a 10-12 seed, maybe, and unless we improve dramatically it will be one and done. I'd love some crow so
                      bring it on Shocks.

Comment

at the beginning of the year, the non conf schedule looked really good. We beat teams that we thought were good (OU, OSU, VCU, etc.), that turned out to be mediocre to bad teams. We hadn't been tested on the road at all. We have to win some good games. We really need to win the next 3 (UCF, Tulsa and Cincy @ home). I don't think we can beat UH or Memphis, and prob not Cincy on the road. We drop a few more clunkers and we're a bubble team, but we gotta right the ship and win the next 3 games.

Comment

Are we going to use every other teams worst 3 day stretch to determine if they are a Top 50 team as well?

Comment

I said "as of right now". So tell me, how many top 50 teams would we have beaten the past couple weeks? We have
                            to play much better. If we do dance just who are we going to beat in the first round playing like we have been lately?
                            Were probably a 10-12 seed, maybe, and unless we improve dramatically it will be one and done. I'd love some crow so
                            bring it on Shocks.
                            How do you like your crow cooked? I'd gladly prepare it for you.
                            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Well done and wash it down with some Makers or Eagle Rare & water

Comment

Working...
                              X