Wichita State at South Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    tough game for Erik, and for JB. Sherfield was up and down.
    Agree. Just got to move on and keep building.

Comment

• Glad to get revenge from last year and give USF a taste of their own medicine. We still have lots of work to do but happy for the W. Officials were incompetent to say the least. Honestly not much better than the Valley. Was that Zelton out there? If so, then I understand why.

JB a hot 1-10 from the field. Sometimes you gotta know when it’s not your night and help the team in other ways besides shooting.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I thought Pooh played well defensively. Glad we won, albeit against a lower level AAC team. Baby steps.

Comment

• Not gonna pretend that USF is good. But that was great defense and rebounding throughout, and average offense in the 2nd half. Resulting in a double digit road win. Definitely something to build on.

Comment

• 77% free throws

Comment

• I was hoping for 60 but I'll take a road win. Why anyone would guard USF outside the 3 point line is beyond me.

The home win last year against UCF started the NIT run. I hope Saturday's game starts an even better run.

Oh, and we won't have anyone suspended for the next game
              Last edited by wusphlash; January 21, 2020, 08:30 PM.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• ...and glad Tyson drained the unreal shot at the end of the first half.

Comment

• Oh, and we won't have anyone suspended for the next game[/QUOTE]

Badda bing, badda boom

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    ...and glad Tyson drained the unreal shot at the end of the first half.
                    I bet USF fans feel like they give that up literally every game.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Happy for the win. 2nd half was obviously much better. Just gotta keep grinding.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Our defense was pretty solid.
                          Defense was very solid - the effort that is required each and every game was there tonight. Especially DD who was fantastic. ET plays all out every game too.

HCGM's patience with MU and his stupid fouls is wearing thin. Enough to where PB got a lot more minutes tonight.
                          I thought HCGM was going to blow a blood vessel on MU's first stupid foul. As Lou Pinella used to say "I've seen enough."

ES needs to stop thinking and just play. You can see the wheels turning in his head every time he touches the ball. He had a couple nice defensive plays tonight, which may be what he needed.

I want to see JE go to the basket strong enough to tear the rim off one time.
                          Just once.

TW played a nice game, other than the stupid foul at the end of the 1st half. Those things are why coaches lose hair and what they have left turns prematurely grey.

Get on the plane and get out of there.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

They know how to ugly it up alright.
                            Yeah, but they ran into someone who likes to ugly it up more.

Comment

• The amount of negativity from the salami nips on here from a team that is 16-3 and far exceeding expectations is comical. The perspective that is lost, not only with this team but life in general needs come back to you soon.

I don’t care if we are 0-30, I would take our guys over that **** show band of lowlifes in Lawrence anytime.
                              Last edited by shoxlax; January 21, 2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Dex and ET were excellent defenders tonight... JB... uh, watch the film. He got burned a number of times, that's why HCGM pulled him in favor of GS.
                                Watch start of second half - JB gets burned two in a row and was a problem tonight. Another game where a certain guys head just wasn't there.

That is all.
                                Fair enough, I just remember a couple of plays when he played off his man and caused a turnover.

Not one of his better games for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X