• Show
Clear All

• No Marshall on postgame.

Extremely weak.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I really appreciate Mike Kennedy's reminder of the time vs Missouri State where HCGM kept the team in the locker room laying down the expectations and letting the kids know they need to meet the expectations of the program or find another home, Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Stood up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That would be EXTREMELY weak. This is one of his job requirements.
          Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he won't prioritize trying to get his team fixed over a post-game radio interview after his team played so bad there isn't much to say other than we have to work to get this fixed.

Comment

• Arguably, the schedule lightens up a bit with a road game at USF (8-9. 1-3) and a home game vs UCF (10-7, 1-4) although I don't assume any AAC game will be a cakewalk. Hopefully, the Shocks can come together as team and return to form. If they continue to play like they have over the last 2 games it may not matter who we play.

Comment

• Our two best players today were probably NF and AM. Now, a few games before the conference started I warned
              that we needed to start playing two big men at the same time cause we were going to see teams where we needed
              it. GM did it for a minute or two at a time a couple games and that was it. Going into the season I thought our
              biggest weakness was at PF and I still believe it. Having said that, if we finally do start seeing a bigger lineup it
              has to be accompanied with more zone where the two big guys can play with their backs to the basket. AM was key
              in our turning last season around. I hear the laughs out there but he could be the key again this season. We will
              never know if he doesn't get some opportunity earlier. We play so many high ball screens but seldom get the ball
              to the screener coming off of it. Playing two big guys would probably force the defense to sag and play three down
              low to guard them leaving only two to guard our three on the perimeter. This would create much better perimeter
              looks. Then, when we go to a smaller line up we switch back to man and spread the court. Changing defenses also
              helps to disrupt the other team and we might find that one is working better than the other. Bottom line right now is
              Tuesday night's game is now critical to our season. We better come out with some intensity at the opening tip and
              never let up,

Comment

• The coaching wasn't good in this game. Poor Bear wasn't up to the task when Jaime went out. AM was a much better choice with his size. He bothered their inside guys. MU as usual plays small against big teams, he just doesn't perform against size inside. We needed to go the press late in the first half. We let the game get away from us. We have enough players to rotate in and out to press and trap for long periods of time. Leaving Jaime on the bench down 22 made no sense. I thought Fernandes played his best game in limited minutes. Gordon brought energy we desperately needed. Lastly, our game plan sucked and we executed it perfectly.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                  The crowd should be into the game now. And by that, I mean they should be booing, loudly. I hate doing that to the Shockers, but that is what 100-1 runs should get you. If you don't want to be booed, be better.
                  You don't boo your team. If your fans won't have your back, then who will?

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    The crowd should be into the game now. And by that, I mean they should be booing, loudly. I hate doing that to the Shockers, but that is what 100-1 runs should get you. If you don't want to be booed, be better. This is a city and crowd that wants to cheer for you but there is simply no reason to today.

Forget the bubble. Just be better. I don't even care if we stumble into the NCAA or NIT, I just want to never see this again.
                    I didn't boo the teams when Cohen and Thompson were here. I'm never going to boo our team. What is wrong with you!
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Shake up the starting lineup. Get NF and Gordon more time, they have energy.
                      Maybe play all 12 and press the whole game. We’re not making shots so we full court press and play 12, substituting freely when tired. # get off the Schneid and off of the half court offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean he won't prioritize trying to get his team fixed over a post-game radio interview after his team played so bad there isn't much to say other than we have to work to get this fixed.
                        I don't think he is going to get something fixed in the 3 minutes it takes a to do the post-game show. It also might give him a chance to get some perspective and let the emotions of being embarrassed on national tv to settle.

It is weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I didn't boo the teams when Cohen and Thompson were here. I'm never going to boo our team. What is wrong with you!
                          He's not getting coached well, failing to use his timeouts and he has both strains of the flu?

Comment

• I think it may be time to scrap the one big offense because it’s not going to work in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              No Marshall on postgame.

Extremely weak.
                              I tend to agree with you. It’s a basketball game and obligations don’t end with a loss.

Comment

• Here's the deal. The 2 main issues tonight was our offense and our defense. The Cougars swarming and grabbing defense set the tone early which explains our shooting funk. Even so, they couldn't guard us on throws, but we shot 54.2% to their 82.6. Somehow we have to get JE more minutes and more passes inside. He only had 14 minutes, but the early 2 in the 1st half and somewhat early foul in 2nd half which resulted in lots of pine time. NF came in and did a good job getting JE the rock in fine places. TE also had some solid moments. The 2nd half 12 minute scoring drought was about the longest one for a Shocker team playing at home I remember. All in all, our beloved Shocks have a solid record. We always can pay Houston back at their barn with a win. Speaking of wins, there will be no easy wins from this juncture onward. We have the talent needed, and 3G has been in this very situation before and will get it figured out. One thing that Houston did real well today was their 9 blocks. I watched Tulsa come from behind and beat them last weekend so Houston was just hot today and the Shocks were not.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X