Wichita State (#16) vs Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

they did quit. They quit at Temple and came out with no effort. They only started playing with 5 min left when it was virtually too late. Much of this on 3G though, for letting it happen.
    Obviously you missed my point genius. I’m talking when we were getting blown out and could’ve ended up losing by thirty.

Comment

• I suggest we start Noah as PG! Dude contributed more than our PG’s in the few minutes he played. This sh*t is embarrassing! GGG earn your millions because these past two games don’t show it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think he has more potential as the PG than GS or JB.
        Weren’t you ready to run him off the team a few games ago?

Comment

• Who's the team leader?

Comment

• 18 minutes without a field goal. Poor Bear made a bucket with 6:23 to play in the first half. The next field goal was 11:48 into the second half with Sherfield’s three. A fooking embarrassment.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Scored 53 and 54 points in the last two games. The word is out on how to stop us and these young fellas better adjust quickly or we're a play-in tourney team at best.

Comment

• This is multiple years when we’ve showed we can’t beat a zone. Indeed, this is on coach.

Comment

• Coach always takes a LOT longer to get to MK for the post game show after a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                    18 minutes without a field goal. Poor Bear made a bucket with 6:23 to play in the first half. The next field goal was 11:48 into the second half with Sherfield’s three. A fooking embarrassment.
                    That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. That is a bit mind-boggling.

It is looks pretty obvious that the Shocks aren't going to out-athlete very many, if any, AAC opponents this year. The are going to have to out-work them, out-smart them, out-fundamental them and out-basketball them and it has to be a team oriented approach. Whether or not this team has the capacity to do that consistently enough remains to be seen. Right now they are definitely sputtering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      Coach always takes a LOT longer to get to MK for the post game show after a loss.
                      That's not surprising. At this point it would not surprise me if he doesn't make it out at all today. He has a lot bigger problems to worry about than missing a post-game radio interview. Not sure he really has any answers right now anyway.

Comment

• That was an asskicking by men against boys.

Maybe we should have played zone

Comment

• I hope this group keeps their wits about them and turn the sting of these losses into positive motivation to be masters of their own fate. Looking forward to our next game, especially the next home game.

Go Shocks!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's not surprising. At this point it would not surprise me if he doesn't make it out at all today. He has a lot bigger problems to worry about than missing a post-game radio interview. Not sure he really has any answers right now anyway.
                            That would be EXTREMELY weak. This is one of his job requirements.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Absolutely, and I get that. But, it is important to show that you can compose yourself and handle a loss with class as well as celebrate and talk about a win. It is also important to show all of this to the fans who support this program in thick and thin.

Comment

• I would like to see Gordon get a few more minutes, I know he’s a work in progress but he’s pretty athletic and has a good motor. Lot of blocked shots today, we seem to ball fake when we should just go up and not ball fake when we should. Ball handling and decision making need to get better, and also the FTs need to improve...

Comment

Working...
                                X