BY: SI STAFF
    POSTED: 01/17/20, 7:30am cst

Season-Long Standings
    Pat Forde: 71-48
    Max Meyer: 70-49
    Molly Geary: 69-50
    Michael Shapiro: 66-53
    Jeremy Woo: 59-60

Houston at No. 16 Wichita State (Sat., 4 p.m., ESPN2)
    Michael Shapiro picks Wichita State: Is this Gregg Marshall’s best team since Wichita State’s 2015 Sweet 16 squad? The Shockers have sprinted out to a 15–2 start, led by a trio of dynamic scoring guards. Winning on the Kansas plains is never easy. Doing it against this specific Wichita State squad is increasingly difficult. Houston may struggle to keep this one in single digits.

SI Expert Picks - UH at WSU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      How do we handle them doubling the post? To me that is the big question. We have people that can guard Mills and Grimes.
      If we keep our turnovers under 12 and shoot 40% or better, I feel the good vibes.
      REALLY? If we hold our turnovers under 12 and shoot 40%or better I would like you to pick a team anywhere that you wouldn't get good vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Philly in the rear-view mirror. Shocks by 11. 16-2. Move up 5 spots come Monday to #11 in the AP Poll. Yep.
        I don't know what you are drinking but I like it.

Comment

I agree about the free throw shooting. Sometimes it’s a matter of who’s on the line, but it’s going to cost us if we don’t get it squared away. Missing FTS is a momentum killer. Teams are going to start doing the Hack-A-Shaq if we don’t improve. I think we will get above 70% before the end of the season but I hope it doesn’t cost us in the meantime

Comment

This team got to 15-1 by overachieving...that broke down against Temple. Have no idea what is going on morale wise with this team but I think one thing that would help would be to go deeper into the roster...play AM, Poor Bear, and Gordon a little.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
              This team got to 15-1 by overachieving...that broke down against Temple. Have no idea what is going on morale wise with this team but I think one thing that would help would be to go deeper into the roster...play AM, Poor Bear, and Gordon a little.
              It appears their accuracy is what broke down against Temple. Or are you suggesting that is the mean? Surely not.

Comment

Line Movements for Shockers vs Cougars provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Wichita state opened as 3.0 favorites.

Comment

Largest City in Texas = 70

Largest City in Kansas = 71

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

This game worries me also. Houston creates problems for us (I.e. Kelvin Sampson seems to win the in game coaching matchups so far). Also they've been physically tough as their new identity.

I'm hoping we exert our will, but the travel schedule has been a wear out no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      I don't like to bag on individual players and hate to belabor the point, but one of our big men has to start making more free throws. When he missed two in a row in the second half of the Temple game, coach Marshall immediately turned to his assistant coaches and said something... I couldn't tell what he said because his back was to the camera and his assistant coaches were nodding. I'm guessing it went something like this, "he's killing us; one of you better get him in the gym and get this figured out fast... it's turning into an automatic turnover every time he's fouled in the act of shooting." You could tell coach Marshall was...
                      I'm with you on this. He may be our #1 big next year and it will cost us a few games if they don't correct that side spin shot that he has.

Comment

Hoping the boys are healthy - 72
                        Hoping the Cougs are not - 65
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Comment

I think Erik and Tyson are going to bring it today. We'll take Houston at home.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I,M looking forward to a real dog fight ... WSU 74 Houston 72 We need a win

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

I'm with you on this. He may be our #1 big next year and it will cost us a few games if they don't correct that side spin shot that he has.
                                He’s playing the wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X