No announcement yet.

Wichita State(#16) at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox got what they wanted, 63 shots vs 46. They just couldn't hit them. A young team that will learn a lot from the last 2 games.

Comment

• Just wasn't there tonight. Who knows why for sure. Hopefully, the spark returns between now and Saturday. A win over Houston and all is well.

Temple deserves some credit. The played hard and it clearly meant more to them than it do to the Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yep. Good news is I dont see a ton of people freaking out.

Always sucks to lose, but it happens to just about everyone.
        I agree with you....I don’t see anyone freaking out...but there are always people who seem to freek out about people freezing out. They freek me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I agree with you....I don’t see anyone freaking out...but there are always people who seem to freek out about people freezing out. They freek me out.
          What a freek

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Claiming we should drop from 16 out of the rankings because of a Q1 road loss is.....kindof freaking out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              This game will likely be a Q1 game when it updates tomorrow
              Do we really care if it's a Q1 loss?

I'd rather have a Q2 win. Oh wait, that's bad metrics. Nevermind.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We certainly weren’t the only team to drop a deuce tonight. I’m looking at you UK, Butler, and Auburn. It’s just that type of season. I would hate to be a voter trying to figure this all out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Nope, we’re not dropping g after 1 loss.
                  We'll be okay as long as we get by Houston Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    We certainly weren’t the only team to drop a deuce tonight. I’m looking at you UK, Butler, and Auburn. It’s just that type of season. I would hate to be a voter trying to figure this all out.
                    Just ask Jesse Newell...he's got a system.

Comment

• It's a young team and pre-season everyone was expecting some ups and downs. This was one of the downs. Most of us were expecting some games like this. It's not pleasant when they happen, but we pretty much knew they were going to happen.

We were also expecting to lose some games we shouldn't have lost. We just did that.

Maybe not this game, but some games like this were pretty much expected.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do we really care if it's a Q1 loss?

I'd rather have a Q2 win. Oh wait, that's bad metrics. Nevermind.
                        Exactly. But, it's worth pointing it out. Losses like this are what make those teams into "quality wins and losses." I want to win. If we don't win, I want to get the same treatment as the other teams that also lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Lol
                          A back court made up of Freshman and Sophomores and a front line essentially made up of a good senior 6-11 center, a 6-6 juco transfer, and a 6-8 sophomore role player [Udeze]. Overall shortened rotation not that great. It is what it is.

Comment

• Now I feel like I need to be at the Houston game. My voice is almost back after Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Claiming we should drop from 16 out of the rankings because of a Q1 road loss is.....kindof freaking out.
                              Yes that was my bad, a knee jerk reaction. Just worn out with that effort tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                It's a young team and pre-season everyone was expecting some ups and downs. This was one of the downs. Most of us were expecting some games like this. It's not pleasant when they happen, but we pretty much knew they were going to happen.

We were also expecting to lose some games we shouldn't have lost. We just did that.

Maybe not this game, but some games like this were pretty much expected.
                                This is good perspective, except that I'm not sure this is a game we thought we shouldn't lose in September.

Hopefully they grow from this.

Comment

Working...
                                X