Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Temple just seems to have our number.

We weren't going undefeated in this conference. We might lose another one or two.

Not the end of the world or the top 25. Nobody panic. This isn't the Valley.
    14-4 still gets us 4 seed. Plenty of runway still

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Even without any offense, a zone defense might have won it for us
      That seemed to be how everyone else beat them. Of course 3G would like to think we can just show up and win against some teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
        Shooting is all in the legs. I can't believe these young men seem to be sluggish but when your legs go, so does your shooting and our FG percentage was atrocious. Oh well.
        Tired legs are an excuse for a 2-game road trip.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The league is scary this year because the mid and lower teams are so bipolar. Tulsa scares me if we get them on a good night. Hell, even Tulane could do some damage. Temple is just as likely to lose to ECU or USF now.

Comment

• Congratulations Temple, see you Thursday, February 27th at 6:00pm in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

So Temple is better than OU, OSU, etc?
              I wouldn't say no...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Saturday will say a lot about this team. Wasn’t a good game, the UCONN game was a drain and it seemed to carry over to tonight. Tough winning on the road and we still only have two losses.

Comment

• Beat Houston and South Florida and everything will be ok. Coming into this 5 game run, most on here had us with 2 losses.

Comment

• We're 15-2, everybody that's freaking out needs to chill. Losing to top 100 Kenpom on the road is really something to doom and gloom about?

For some reason Temple has our number. And as somebody else mentioned, I'm starting to hate them because of it. But we just regroup and get an impressive win over Houston, and this ROAD loss to Temple will be a minor blip.

Lose to Houston then we should have to earn our way back into the rankings, but can still do so. We'll be fine. This was a poor effort all around. The guys must have just hit a big wall.

Comment

• Lots of odd things happen in college basketball. Tonight was one of them. There are 14 games left. The winner of this league will have at least three losses and probably four. The second and third place teams could have 6-7 losses. This league is rough, the travel is rough, and everyone wants a piece of us now. No game will be easy, home or away from here on out.

Comment

• This game will likely be a Q1 game when it updates tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I wouldn't say no...
                          I woudnt necessarily either...but its not inconcievable to play a deeper bench against Temple as it was against similar non-con teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                            We're 15-2, everybody that's freaking out needs to chill. Losing to top 100 Kenpom on the road is really something to doom and gloom about?

For some reason Temple has our number. And as somebody else mentioned, I'm starting to hate them because of it. But we just regroup and get an impressive win over Houston, and this ROAD loss to Temple will be a minor blip.

Lose to Houston then we should have to earn our way back into the rankings, but can still do so. We'll be fine. This was a poor effort all around. The guys must have just hit a big wall.
                            Yep. Good news is I dont see a ton of people freaking out.

Always sucks to lose, but it happens to just about everyone.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I just wish the league would have had a better non-con. There were some bad losses and not many marquee wins. Worries me how the committee is going to view the conference.

Comment

• Temple defense looked tenacious, but when you don't move without the ball and the point guards dribble too much, its easy to tenaciously defend.
                                Trust me, I KNOW BASKETBALL! In fact I've met the guy who invented the cross-over dribble.
                                Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Working...
                                X