No announcement yet.

Wichita State at UConn Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I think we have a good aura, a good vibe around us right now,” senior Christian Vital said. “It was a tough start on the road to conference play, but we came home and we got a win and now we’re just looking to build on it.”
    The UConn men take on a model of what the Huskies' program once was and hopes to be again - a perennial national power - when Wichita State comes to the XL Center on Sunday at noon.

Comment

Due to the fact that I don’t ever foresee UConn scheduling a home and home with us, this will be our last road game there in a very long time. Let’s beat them soundly and leave Storrs on an up note.

Comment

Disregard
        Last edited by Fafhrd Mouser; January 12, 2020, 09:41 AM. Reason: Disregard already posted

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Anyone hear about this?

"Among that group is Dexter Dennis, a talented wing who against Memphis played just his second game back from a head injury sustained in December. Dennis came off the bench Thursday to grab a team-high eight rebounds, four of which were offensive."
          Never heard about anything remotely close to this. It's gotta be true since no one in the media would ever publish anything that wasn't true. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Anyone hear about this?

"Among that group is Dexter Dennis, a talented wing who against Memphis played just his second game back from a head injury sustained in December. Dennis came off the bench Thursday to grab a team-high eight rebounds, four of which were offensive."
            Did Dennis really sustain a head injury?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Sagarin odds for game

EIGENVECTOR
              Analysis eigen MONEY=Odds to 100 EPCT%=confidence
              EFAVORITE ESPREAD EODDS EPCT% EUNDERDOG
              Wichita State 3.2 160 62% Connecticut
              REGULAR METHOD MONEY=odds to 100 _
              FAVORITE Rating Predict Golden Recent UNDERDOG ODDS PCT% TOTAL
              wichita state 5.47 2.56 4.62 10.2 CONNECTICUT 221 69% 130.91
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Did Dennis really sustain a head injury?
                Seems like an insensitive way to describe mental health issues, but that’s ESPN for ya.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

If we go inside, I just hope they recognize that the bad guys are even better at swatting away shots than the Tigers. Not sure we can see lightning strike twice and get away with it. Surviving 9 blocks a game two games in a row would be quite a feat though.
                  Yah, our bigs have a MAJOR problem of passing the ball back out of the post if a good shot isn't there. They get it and it seems like if they do, it's automatically going up, come hell or high water.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Referees — Don Daily, Joe Lindsay, and Gerry Pollard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yah, our bigs have a MAJOR problem of passing the ball back out of the post if a good shot isn't there. They get it and it seems like if they do, it's automatically going up, come hell or high water.
                      I watch the way Houston double teams the post and that issue will have to get rectified before we play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

If we go inside, I just hope they recognize that the bad guys are even better at swatting away shots than the Tigers. Not sure we can see lightning strike twice and get away with it. Surviving 9 blocks a game two games in a row would be quite a feat though.
                        Man, Gregg saw something on the tape and he was like, “Just keep feeding Jaime.”

Comment

Working...
                        X