No announcement yet.

Asbjorn Midtgaard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that Midtgaard and Poor Bear should have been playing instead of Udeze. They both played with poise and didn't turn the ball over. Udeze must have been killing it in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by robotfighter66 View Post
      I thought that Midtgaard and Poor Bear should have been playing instead of Udeze. They both played with poise and didn't turn the ball over. Udeze must have been killing it in practice.
      Yeah, the Shocks are really gonna' miss big Midt on the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah, the Shocks are really gonna' miss big Midt on the glass.
        Percent of rebounds available while on floor
        Reb %
        Jaime Echenique 16.5
        Morris Udeze 14.5
        Asbjorn Midtgaard 14
        Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler 12.8
        Tate Busse 12.6
        Trey Wade 12.5
        Brycen Bush 10.9
        Dexter Dennis 10.6
        Erik Stevenson 10.5
        Deantoni Gordon 9
        Jamarius Burton 7
        Grant Sherfield 6.5
        Tyson Etienne 4.7
        Noah Fernandes 4.2
        Jacob Herrs 0
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by robotfighter66 View Post
          That is not what the stats show. This season Morris was more productive than both of them by almost every metric. Both AM and Poor-Bear turned the ball over at a higher rate but not by much. The problem was that Morris wouldn't stop fouling people.

POINTS PER 40

Udeze - 2nd on team
          AM - 11th on team
          Poor-Bear - 10th on team

TRUE SHOOTING PERCENTAGE

Udeze - 1st on team
          Poor-Bear 8th on team
          AM - 11th on team

TURNOVERS PER 40

Udeze - 8th on team
          Poor-Bear - 9th on team
          AM - 10th on team

REBOUNDS PER 40

Udeze - 2nd on team
          AM - 3rd on team
          Poor-Bear - 4th on team

OFFENSIVE REBOUND PERCENTAGE

Udeze - 1st on team
          AM - 2nd on team
          Poor-Bear - 4th on team

The category where AM and Poor-Bear beat Udeze is in blocks. Keep in mind they list Udeze at 6'8" and look how close they rank:

BLOCKS PER 40

AM - 2nd on team
          Poor-Bear - 3rd on team
          Udeze - 4th on team

FT% (all are pathetic)

Udeze - 48%
          Poor-Bear 39%
          AM - 33%
          Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 29, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Godspeed to Godbear.

​​​​​​He always provided a beacon of positivity. I always wanted him to take that next step and be the Lunker we've been looking for. I hope Big Mitt can find a place where he can showcase his talents, but even more, his big heart.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              AM would thrive at UNI. Hope he finds a good landing spot.
              I often thought that the same thing. Ben J. has had effective offenses pivot around guys with half of Mitt’s size & athleticism.

I like bigs that don’t need the ball to be effective.

Comment

After how well he played last year in the NIT, I was surprised he didn't play a bigger role this year.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  AM would thrive at UNI. Hope he finds a good landing spot.
                  During the second half of our NIT season he played very well here at WSU. No idea what happened last year. It is a head scratcher.

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

During the second half of our NIT season he played very well here at WSU. No idea what happened last year. It is a head scratcher.
                    Late in the season last year we were mostly playing the bottom half of the league. Midtgaard thrived against the post players in that group of teams. This year our schedule was biased toward the high end of the league. Those teams have an entirely different level of post players. Midtgaard was typically not effective against the quicker, more athletic and skilled post players on teams in the upper half of the conference.

It's hard to make comparisons year to year when the schedule switches between biased toward the bottom end and biased toward the top end.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Late in the season last year we were mostly playing the bottom half of the league. Midtgaard thrived against the post players in that group of teams. This year our schedule was biased toward the high end of the league. Those teams have an entirely different level of post players. Midtgaard was typically not effective against the quicker, more athletic and skilled post players on teams in the upper half of the conference.

It's hard to make comparisons year to year when the schedule switches between biased toward the bottom end and biased toward the top end.
                      Finale 22 games - AM averaged 5.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, 1 block. (that is all you need from your backup center)

The 2nd half of the 2018-19 schedule was easier but Midtgaard had some very games against tough teams.

Clemson - 14 minutes, 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 75fgg

Indiana - 14 minutes 5 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block, 66% fg%

Temple - 23 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks

Memphis - 13 minutes, 8 points, 2 rebounds, 75%fg

Cincinnati - 14 minutes, 7 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 0 turnovers, 75%fg

UCF (24-9 that year) 17 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block, 75%fg

In fact, I think the only "bad" or ho-hum game he had against a good team in that final 22 games was a 2 point, 2 roubound effort in 17 minutes versus Cincinnati.

And remember, Marshall was talking him up in May of 2019 as the player who impressed him the most in the spring workouts. He looks to have regressed for other reason imo. I still think its a head scratcher.
                      Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 29, 2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Some overlap in schools with Mo and JB.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Capture.JPG

Some overlap in schools with Mo and JB.
                          Would be something else if they all went to Xavier

Comment

You are a Class Act Asbjorn and are one of the most likable players the Shockers have had in a number of years.

You always displayed a tremendous attitude. Sincerely wish you the very best in all of your future endeavors.

Comment

Commits to Grand Canyon. Best of luck, wish you well.

Comment

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; April 11, 2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X