No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Abilene Christian Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife says they win by 20, and she is always right (so I am told).

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      My wife says they win by 20, and she is always right (so I am told).
      I learned that lesson many many many many many many many many moons ago...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          "Pound the Rock"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

RH Shockers Back In Action Sunday - 3 Things To Watch

At the start of the season, we knew Wichita State possessed a bunch of big bodies and the potential to match depth with almost any team in and around the lane. We didn't, however, know exactly how that position would unfold.

Now we know more and the first thought remains – the Shockers can play with four centers, all of whom can present problems for the opponent. .

Those big men and their ability to either alter shots or take charges (as Udeze did twice against VCU) form the backline to a defense that also is a reminder of past Shocker teams.

Abilene Christian's statistics are inflated due to four games against non-NCAA Division I opponents in which its average margin of victory is 51 points.

Comment

Apparent DD will not be available for ACU game; he has been averaging 23 minutes a game. This game and the ECU game present a good opportunity for DG to demonstrate his potential to contribute. DG averages 8 minutes a game, could the coaches decide to give him an additional 8 minutes of court time against ACU and ECU? I hope so as I would like to watch DG play to clarify his current and future contributions to the Shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                Apparent DD will not be available for ACU game; he has been averaging 23 minutes a game. This game and the ECU game present a good opportunity for DG to demonstrate his potential to contribute. DG averages 8 minutes a game, could the coaches decide to give him an additional 8 minutes of court time against ACU and ECU? I hope so as I would like to watch DG play to clarify his current and future contributions to the Shockers.
                I hope he gets the opportunity and performs well. To this point in the season, however, he is clearly behind the rest of the rotation.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  Gordon averages 8 minutes a game? What?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Gordon averages 8 minutes a game? What?
                    yep...in games played.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I hope he gets the opportunity and performs well. To this point in the season, however, he is clearly behind the rest of the rotation.
                      I agree that DG is behind the other Freshmen but the next two games should not IMO be at risk if Marshall gives DG extended court time. Same argument applies regards NF.

Comment

Defense and rebounding travel well. And the Shox only have to travel to CKA. This could have been a trap game with other teams but this team seems to really focus when the buzzer starts the game. Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I learned that lesson many many many many many many many many moons ago...

I was taught that lesson many moons ago, but I’m not certain I actually LEARNED that lesson...just ask my wife.

Comment

This should be another good game for Coach to tinker with his rotation and offer ample opportunity to get both Noah and DeAntoni some good minutes on the court. I’m bummed it’s only streaming as I’m going to be torn watching the Shocks dismantle ACU and the Chiefs beat the heck out of Phyllis one more time before he retires or the Bolts let him walk. At least I can record the Chiefs game I suppose.

Comment

NM

Comment

ETN will tie the Shocker record of 7 threes.

Comment

Working...
                                X