Dexter Breakout Against VCU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That is still the weirdest scene in the Rocky movies. For a couple of reasons:

Carl Weathers is obviously just jogging while Sly is running full speed. You can just tell that one of them is a professional athlete and the other is not.

The, uh, weird embracing of each other.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I say that the eye of the tiger is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

That is still the weirdest scene in the Rocky movies. For a couple of reasons:

Carl Weathers is obviously just jogging while Sly is running full speed. You can just tell that one of them is a professional athlete and the other is not.

The, uh, weird embracing of each other.
        Come on man, Rocky Balboa was back! Once again, he had the 'eye of the tiger'.

P.S.

Holy crap, how ironic, Dex is in Philly! Wow!
        Last edited by WstateU; January 13, 2020, 05:52 PM.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• So do you think 3G will take the Shocks by the Philadelphia Museum of Art and let Erik lead with a run up the steps?

Attribution Unknown.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            So do you think 3G will take the Shocks by the Philadelphia Museum of Art and let Erik lead with a run up the steps?
            I hope they do... I believe the women's team or maybe it was the volleyball team did that.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

For poop's sake, what does this conversation have to do with two gay men frolicking on the beach!?!?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I say that the eye of the tiger is back.
                Ooooooooh, now I get it.

Comment

Come on man, Rocky Balboa was back! Once again, he had the 'eye of the tiger'.
                  But you gotta admit, Apollo full bore junk bumps Rocky in that gif. Full bore.

Comment

• National Champs!! Congrats LSU!!

#STTDB

Dex will understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      National Champs!! Congrats LSU!!

#STTDB

Dex will understand.
                      WGAF
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dexter reminds me a bit of McDuffie. As a freshman and Soph, McDuffie was a really good teammate that could lead us in scoring or rebounding on any given night but he did it quietly without being the 1st or 2nd option. As he got older, he started playing like he had to be the guy and started forcing stuff that was beyond his capabilities. MCDuffie was at his best when he let the game come him. Of course, as a senior he didn’t really have a choice but to force things, but that’s beside the point. Like McDuffie, Dexter can be really good so long as the spotlight isn’t on him. Let him quietly play in the shadows and he can do great things. With the emergence of Erik and Jamarius, the spotlight is off Dennis and he can go back to doing what he does best, being a really good teammate that can do really good things to help us win games.

Comment

• This all feels speculative regarding how he can handle pressure. I think Dex can absolutely shine in the spotlight. The first couple of games he thrived. And even during the time he was struggling he was getting great looks at the basket. I think he is plenty tough enough to be "the guy" and I believe he just had a slump (mental and emotional, not physical) to fight through.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Of course it’s speculative, only Dexter really knows.

Comment

Working...
                            X