No announcement yet.

Valley Power Rankings - November 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So should the power rankings be somewhere in between my eye test and Pomeroy's strictly statistical data computations? I'd be fine with that...
    Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Comment

I think the power rankings make for interesting discussion. Anyone that is calling for your head takes the opinion of one man far too seriously.
      Livin the dream

Comment

@electricmayhem: rank SIU first next week... just to cause a ruckus :D :pirate:
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Of course his rankings are an eye test of sorts, unless he has his own mathematical formula. It's no different than what the rest of us do when ranking MVC teams in our own minds.

Ken Pomeroy's rankings are purely statistical.

Apples and oranges. I think we're being far too nit-picky over the semantics of what e-mayhem's rankings are.

Comment

I think we had this same debate last year with his rankings. People get so defensive
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

@electricmayhem: instead of repeating what 100's of others do, give us something _new_ to discuss and argue about.

Give us a "Missouri Valley Conference Internet Forum" power ranking -- and make up your own criteria (most used, best user interface, best moderated, etc, etc, etc).

Give us a "Overall Fan" power ranking and again, make up your own criteria (best attendance, best student attendance, best travel attendance, least amount of items thrown on the floor during games, etc, etc).

I don't know, but get creative and give us internet clowns something new and interesting to peak at.

Edit: Give us "Best Media Coverage" power ranking for each team and details on why, so we can learn about other school's coverage compared to others.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                @electricmayhem: instead of repeating what 100's of others do, give us something _new_ to discuss and argue about.

Give us a "Missouri Valley Conference Internet Forum" power ranking -- and make up your own criteria (most used, best user interface, best moderated, etc, etc, etc).

Give us a "Overall Fan" power ranking and again, make up your own criteria (best attendance, best student attendance, best travel attendance, least amount of items thrown on the floor during games, etc, etc).

I don't know, but get creative and give us internet clowns something new and interesting to peak at.

Edit: Give us "Best Media Coverage" power ranking for each team and details on why, so we can learn about other school's coverage compared to others.
                You think I wouldn't get skinned for this? :banghead:

I am happy to come up with original material -- I just don't know of anyone else (at least beat writers or other Valley media) that does Power Rankings besides me.

I like the idea for best internet forum, though... I better not rank you guys behind bear-nation! :beaten:
                Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Comment

Originally posted by electricmayhem View Post
                  You think I wouldn't get skinned for this? :banghead:

I am happy to come up with original material -- I just don't know of anyone else (at least beat writers or other Valley media) that does Power Rankings besides me.

I like the idea for best internet forum, though... I better not rank you guys behind bear-nation! :beaten:
                  Hey, you make the tough decisions and we sit back and complain. We know our role -- and we do it really, really well.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                  X