Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Power Rankings - November 21

Happy Thanksgiving to all - here are the Power Rankings for this week:

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.
    Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Wait wait wait....
    2. Missouri State (3-0)- Runaway wins over Arkansas State and Emporia State proves that the Bears are deep and talented. Point guard Michael Bizoukas (18 assists, four turnovers) has been a steady hand at the helm.
    I guess we have to be deep and talented to have three wins like that... Granted, they beat Nevada, but they are 2-0, not 3-0. Emporia is not D-1, and ANY valley school should have a runaway win against them. Don't take me wrong, I expected WSU to be lower on the list, but to have a team up there because they had a runaway victory against a D-II school is silly, and frankly, unprofessional.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Deep and talented Missouri State..thats funny. Its november 21 not April 1

Comment

It's a little early to call them deep, since even though they have 10 players averaging double-digit minutes, much of that has been against much lower competition.

But they did blow out Nevada on the road and handily taken care of business. I can't argue with putting them 2nd in a power ranking system. Only MSU and CU haven't exposed a ***** in their armor.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Only MSU and CU haven't exposed a ***** in their armor.
          Did you call me a *****?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Someone turned on the profanity filter and I guess ch-i-nk must be offensive.

But it's OK, Kung, I've called you much worse. ;)

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

I don't think beating Ark St. and Emp. St. say anything about your team...other than you played two cupcakes in your first three games. The Nevada win is decent, although they appear to be somewhat overrated early on.
                "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Give Missouri State our schedule so far and let us have theirs and I wonder what the power rankings would be like. MSU certainly looks better than 6th, but to leapfrog em to 2nd on an Emporia State win?

Christ, you have GOT to be kidding me..
                  Last edited by ShockerFever; November 21, 2011, 05:30 PM.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Right now there is Creighton at 1, SIU at 10 and everybody else.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Only MSU and CU haven't exposed a Kung Wu in their armor.
                      Corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Give Missouri State our schedule so far and let us have theirs and I wonder what the power rankings would be like. MSU certainly looks better than 6th, but to leapfrog em to 2nd on an Emporia State win?

Christ, you have GOT to be kidding me..
                        I'm not kidding, and I think the Christ reference is a little premature... :)

I don't disagree with most of this - the nature of the Power Rankings is such that the teams that look the best at the current moment get ranked well. MSU looks good, but dropping a winnable game to Temple kept you from being #2. I agree that your schedule is more difficult than most so far... that's why at 2-2, you aren't farther down. I have guys calling for my head on other boards because the Shockers are #3...

I like the discussion - some will agree and some won't. That's the point... we are all cheering for the league to do well until conference season starts!
                        Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Comment

Originally posted by electricmayhem View Post
                          I'm not kidding, and I think the Christ reference is a little premature... :)

I don't disagree with most of this - the nature of the Power Rankings is such that the teams that look the best at the current moment get ranked well.
                          Not really. Take a look at Pomeroy Power Ranking. They have the teams ranked

1. WSU
                          2. CU
                          3. MSU

What it really says is your "power ranking" is more of your opinion who is passing your "eye test" this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Not really. Take a look at Pomeroy Power Ranking. They have the teams ranked

1. WSU
                            2. CU
                            3. MSU

What it really says is your "power ranking" is more of your opinion who is passing your "eye test" this week.
                            Actually MSU is ahead of Creighton on kenpom

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Corrected.
                              LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X