No announcement yet.

Going into Conference Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hockey, my man, I guess when you have kids, you go from talking about the "glass" being half full of whatever to talking about being half full of nestle quik's strawberry milk, them's the break's man, them's the break's.

But I would suggest to anyone out there, try some of the rabbit's strawberry milk mix, it's a blast from the past, it's so freaking good I can't even tell you, in a word......delicious.

Here I am trying to talk about the Wichita State Shockers.......Merry freaking Christmas to all my Shockernet friends, I'm drunk and going to bed.

:posterwu:

Comment

It's still too tough to say at this point. If I had to lay out a guess at this very moment I'd go with

1. CU
      2. WSU
      3. DU
      4. UNI
      5. ISU
      6. BU
      7. SIU
      8. MSU
      9. ISU
      0. UE

A lot can change once a few Valley games are played and we get a better sense of everyone else. I still think some of those teams are capable of being better then they've played so far and that some may not be quite as good as what they've done so far. I still think it'll be quite a battle for first amongst 3 or 4 teams going into the last few games.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think you guys are overlooking SIU like people are going to overlook WSU.

Imagine an SIU team that plays the defense they do and is capable of scoring 88 points in a game. Now consider how WSU's offense is coming around, and how they are getting better every game. SIU has played a TOUGH schedule, and that has made them better. Just as this past week, even the UMKC game, has made the Shockers better. I think:

1. SIU
        2. Creighton
        3. Bradley
        4. Drake
        5. Wichita State
        6. Missouri State
        7. Northern Iowa
        8. Illinois State
        9. Evansville
        10. Indiana State

Comment

I expect SIU to do better. But until they find an outside threat they're gonna struggle. I don't know what they did last night there but nobody on that team scares me outside.

I know the Shox have struggled lately outside, but we know we have guys that can hit and keep D's honest. I'm not sure SIU has that. Even Joey hasn't sounded overly confident there. If teams can focus on Falker and keep an eye on Shaw and not have to worry about anyone else doing anything........
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yeah, but that combo is the glue that can carry a team, even when it is not playing well. This team to me seems very capable once the new players start gellin. Their insoles will be worn thin by the D, and will probably have the opportunity to do damage.

I see Falker and Shaw and think of Miller/Ogirri. When both of those two are hot, we were really tough to beat.

Getting soap...have to wash my mouth out after saying so many nice things about SIU...

Comment

Shaw needs more room than Sean did though. And I think that's a big difference. Sean had a quick release and didn't need much space at all. Shaw is slower and doesn't seem to shoot well with a hand in his face. I do agree that they're the glue for that team but they don't scare me. I'm sure they'll finish better than they've started but I do think that their run of NCAA appearances may come to an end this year.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yeah, I agree they aren't the team they were last year. We will have to see how things turn out.

Comment

1. Creighton
                  2. WSU
                  3. SIU
                  4. Bradley
                  5. Missouri State
                  6. Northern Iow
                  7. Drake
                  8. Illinois State
                  9. Evansville
                  10. Indiana State

Comment

1. Creighton
                    2. Bradley
                    3. Illinois State
                    4. Drake
                    5. Wichita
                    6. Northern Iowa
                    7. SIU
                    8. Missouri State
                    9. Indiana State
                    10. Evansville

Comment

1. CU
                      2. SIU
                      3. UNI
                      4. WSU
                      5. DRAKE
                      6. MO ST
                      7. ILL ST
                      8. EVANSVILLE
                      9. BRADLEY
                      0. INDIANA ST
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                        I think you guys are overlooking SIU like people are going to overlook WSU.

Imagine an SIU team that plays the defense they do and is capable of scoring 88 points in a game. Now consider how WSU's offense is coming around, and how they are getting better every game. SIU has played a TOUGH schedule,
                        I think the Butler game in a few days will be huge for them. Its at home, ranked opponent, ESPN U, etc. If they win then perhaps they have turned things around. Lose and they will be a serious slide (losing six of the last 8 ) going into conference play.

Comment

You know what is totally amazing thus far on this thread after reading it to this FSF? The emergence that Drake and Creighton have now earned that was the missing links in our earlier predictions. That is why we play the games between the lines. On paper we think one way, and invariably reality has different ideas once the whistle blows and the party starts. Many of my predictions will be similar, but some will now change as well.

Drake is better then we thought, but are they a pretender or a contender? Drake may be mimicking our start of last Season, but not for real? Bradley was suppose to be the cat's meow early on. Now what? Hmmmm? Let me try again and attempt to get this more accurate this time. This is racking my pea brain this year. This Valley has NO clear winner and is up for grabs. Last year seemed to be more predictable. Probably only 2 Valley teams Dance this Season.

1.SIU
                          2.Creighton
                          3.WSU
                          4.Mo State
                          5.Bradley
                          6.Drake
                          7.Ill State
                          8. N. Iowa
                          9. Ind. State
                          10. Evansville

WSU WINS VALLEY TOURNEY IN ST. LOUIE------LEWEY!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

JMHO, but I do not think SIU will win the conference this season.

Here is the NCAA RPI's as of this morning: (Sunday 9 am):

NCAA college basketball RPI rankings and ratings for 2024, updated daily for all teams and available historically for every day of the 2024 season.

Notice that Monmouth is #250 with 2-8 record ... yipes!

Comment

The answer about SIU will come pretty shortly.

SIU 5-5 (RPI 85) plays Butler 10-1 (RPI 12) this Friday night.

then follows up with:
                              Missouri State on Sunday
                              Drake a week from Wednesday
                              and Illinois State a week from Saturday.

If they come away any less than 3-1 in those 4 games, they won't win the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheaties
                                Come on guys they are Drake.....#### them, they're Drake. If Drake wins this league then more power to them, but at this point they're still Drake.

Wichita State can win this league easy if we play like these last two games. Pretty much what I expected......struggle a bit in non-con, then throw the switch.

We're getting our shat together now as evidence by the last two games. EVERY single game WSU is getting better, our new roster, our new coach....seriously, the Valley wants none of this. We have a VERY good shot of drinkin beers on a March afternoon on a Thrusday watchin our Shox in a tourney. I've posted in various threads that I'm a glass is half empty guy, but the glass is starting to fill up, with delicious 2% strawberry milk.

And I have a feeling we're going to taste it.......

Comment

Working...
                                X