Going into Conference Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would benefit everyone to read this:

IOWA CITY, IOWA ? Sophomore guard Josh Young scored 14 points to pace a balanced scoring attack as the Drake men's basketball team won its eighth straight game with a 56-51 victory at Iowa Friday night.

A glimpse of what to expect Friday night.

Comment

1. Five players with over 30 minutes of playing time.

2. TO + F = 20 <30. Pretty damn good.

Comment

Here's my take:

1.Creighton
        2.SIU
        3.Bradley
        4.WSU
        5.Mo. State
        6.N. Iowa
        7.Drake
        8. Ill. State
        9. Ind. State
        10. Evansville

I still think we're a work in progress. There are still some 'bumps' ahead, but as others have pointed out, our newfound toughness will help. I predict that EACH and EVERY game that we lose will be within 10, and probably closer than 5. I don't see this team (or many Marshall coached teams in the future) getting blown out very often with our defense holding it's opponents to low scores and shooting %'s.

SIU will be back. I don't think they'll win the Valley, but their success in recent years and the strength of their schedule in the non-conference allows me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Like him or hate him, Dana Altman coaches consistently and Creighton will be right up there too. Bradley never falls too far from the top either in my experience.

But of course, it's all speculation and conjecture. I'm looking forward to seeing it unfold. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective when it comes to our team. Yes, we're getting better--but I still think the best seasons are yet to come. The cool thing about this team and having Marshall as a coach is that you can never count us out.

It should be interesting.

Comment

Oh... forgot to mention that I think it will be a DOGFIGHT among the top teams. I predict we'll see some lead changes this year, and the top 5 will be close, with several teams being in contention right up to conference tournament time.

Comment

Don't laugh too loud but here it goes...

1. Drake (yes they are for real and we will have a real tough time beating them)
            2. Creighton
            3. Wichita State
            4. North Iowa
            5. Ill. State
            6. SIU (no they won't come back)
            7. Bradley
            8. Missouri State (somebody gets fired)
            9. Evansville
            10. Indiana State

We finally win @ SIU this year. We also go all the way in St Louis.

Now laugh away.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
              Don't laugh too loud but here it goes...

1. Drake (yes they are for real and we will have a real tough time beating them)
              2. Creighton
              3. Wichita State
              4. North Iowa
              5. Ill. State
              6. SIU (no they won't come back)
              7. Bradley
              8. Missouri State (somebody gets fired)
              9. Evansville
              10. Indiana State

We finally win @ SIU this year. We also go all the way in St Louis.

Now laugh away.

Hope your right! It possible remember we were picked 6th in the Valley the year we won it. :posterwu: 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
              X