No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oklahoma Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never understood the booing of the opponent at introductions. For 40+ years I have (quietly) applauded the other teams introductions. I mean, we have to play SOMEBODY. And I've always had respect for any team that wanted to play at Henry Levitt, Koch and now Intrust. I'm glad whatever team is present made an appearance, I applaud it, but I hope the Shocks beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

AR has gained more than 20 pounds; current roster listed weight is 202 lbs
      So he's only going to slide 15 feet instead of 30?

Comment

he didn't want to redshirt and get healthy at WSU but he was more than happy to sit out a transfer year and get healthy. I'm pretty sure he'll be matched up with Erik. I wish DD was playing well, that would be a match I'd love to see.

Comment

I usually just stay quiet during the introductions of the other team. I did clap for Elijah Lufile’s from ORU, just because he is Chadrack’s brother.

Comment

If DD takes zero shots, he should still be able to amp up the D on Reaves and nullify him. That, to me would be a huge contribution in giving us a great chance at victory.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I think the young Shox rise to the occasion and squeak out a win, but Austin will get his points. I don’t see Dex starting until his shot starts going. Will probably be ETN and ES starting at the 2-3 spots with JB at point unless Dex has a week of practice to change coach’s mind. Who knows though? As long as we win, who cares who starts anyway? Go with the confident shooters and hopefully set the tone like we did with OSU.

Comment

This will be a very interesting game. OU too, has 9 days to prepare for this game so both coaches can't say their players were on short rest, or that they didn't have enough time to watch tape to develop a game strategy. With both teams having so much time to prepare for each other, I'm looking forward to seeing how HCGM is able to out coach Lonny

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Im hoping Reaves throws the ball directly to us on an inbound pass and DD slams it home for the game winning shot.
                    And I hope that comes in the first half!
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Kid is soft as warm butter
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Time to remind AR what Play Angry is all about.
                        If we bring it, it will be more like an introduction than a reminder. Not a lot of Play Angry surfaced during ARs' rehab stint with the Shockers.

I would love to see us just burn OU to the ground with some defense this Saturday. Ol' CB would be rolling in the aisles... engorged.

I don't want to just win; I want to break them... emotionally, mentally, and physically.

T

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          You can see it in his eyes and infamous eat-**** smirk lol. He's lickin' his chops to bring the heat to the Telegraphing Turncoat.

Gregg Marshall is my kinda Shocker fan! Much better than some of the disingenuous, ass-kissing apologists on this board.

Gregg's gonna go to war and plans on AR having a very, very bad afternoon.

T

Comment

I don't care about AR at this point. I really just want to get payback against OU who handed our asses to us last year in an 48-80 loss. When was the last time the Shox got boat raced by 30 plus points in a game? Either my age is starting to affect my memory or recency bias from that ass whoopin is clouding my memory.

Comment

I predict that all the types of plays that led to some folks crazy angst against Reaves lead to OU free throws in this contest.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

If we bring it, it will be more like an introduction than a reminder. Not a lot of Play Angry surfaced during ARs' rehab stint with the Shockers.

I would love to see us just burn OU to the ground with some defense this Saturday. Ol' CB would be rolling in the aisles... engorged.

I don't want to just win; I want to break them... emotionally, mentally, and physically.

T

Have you ever been brave enough to go full-contact with a few dislocated shoulders in your back pocket?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X