Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I've followed WSU basketball since Stallworth was a Fr - maybe before that, but I was probably just listening to the games for entertainment before Stallworth.

There has never been a player more hated, more despised than Erik Stevenson. There were some players during Cohen's time who may have been as destructive to the team as Stevenson, but those teams were already bad, so damaging them had little significance.

Were it not for Stevenson going on social media and contacting former players, it would probably be GGG instead of IB leading the Shox from a pre-season pick of 7th to 1st and being named CoY.

This thread is going to exist for a while because we're not going to forget the most damaging thing to happen to WSU basketball in the last 50+ years. It is rewarding to see the Shox survive and prosper in spite of the antics of a prima donna. It is rewarding to see that player playing for a team that's worse than bad and having bad stats playing for that losing team.

ES thought he could bring the program down and he tried. That resulted in IB winning a conference championship. The one thing that's consistent with Stevenson is failure. He can go off for a great game from time to time, but his consistency zone is failure.
    Aargh,
    Post of the week, the month...well, maybe of the year so far!
    Four paragraphs and you covered all that is needed to know about ES, his daddy and their intent/attempt to damage the WSU basketball program.
    This post is all required to read and understand the past year of the program - from some dark days to recovery to a much brighter position.

That is all.

Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      Aargh,
      Post of the week, the month...well, maybe of the year so far!
      Four paragraphs and you covered all that is needed to know about ES, his daddy and their intent/attempt to damage the WSU basketball program.
      This post is all required to read and understand the past year of the program - from some dark days to recovery to a much brighter position.

That is all.
      Perfectly stated!!!!:)

Comment

• Well, his season ended last night, unless there is a tourney for 5-21 teams....I'd be anxious to see what FOTP has to say in reflection....

Comment

• I've said it before. I will say it again.

Wichita State Basketball's natural state is a winning program. The positives with the university, city, fan base, history, etc make it so. It takes anomolies and incompetences to lose at WSU.

That is why ES or anyone else can punch at it and think they are bringing it down, but they can't sink it. It will always float back to the top. Because that is it's natural state. GM wasn't the program. He was a fantastic coach and a passionate leader and captain of the program while he was here. Our program was in awesome hands with GM and he made it even more resistant to sinking. But he didn't make it buoyant. The fans and those that support it make it so. That's why we won before GM, we are winning with IB and we will win after IB.

Not saying we wont have losing seasons or even worse, but we'll overcome it and be winners after it.

ES and everyone else who hated GM and viewed WSU as just him are ignorant on history and have no clue.

If you haven't ever gone to game at Henry Leavitt or Koch Arena, you wouldn't understand.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I've followed WSU basketball since Stallworth was a Fr - maybe before that, but I was probably just listening to the games for entertainment before Stallworth.

There has never been a player more hated, more despised than Erik Stevenson. There were some players during Cohen's time who may have been as destructive to the team as Stevenson, but those teams were already bad, so damaging them had little significance.

Were it not for Stevenson going on social media and contacting former players, it would probably be GGG instead of IB leading the Shox from a pre-season pick of 7th to 1st and being named CoY.

This thread is going to exist for a while because we're not going to forget the most damaging thing to happen to WSU basketball in the last 50+ years. It is rewarding to see the Shox survive and prosper in spite of the antics of a prima donna. It is rewarding to see that player playing for a team that's worse than bad and having bad stats playing for that losing team.

ES thought he could bring the program down and he tried. That resulted in IB winning a conference championship. The one thing that's consistent with Stevenson is failure. He can go off for a great game from time to time, but his consistency zone is failure.
            Not an ES fan, but Marshall had no part in the events that unfolded? ES by himself would have been just another transfer, ES + Marshall's boorish behavior equals last year's events.

Comment

• TP did manage to bring one program down. Just happened to be the one he's currently playing for.

Kid truly did have a lot of potential if he got over his ego and stopped letting FOTP's ego fuel his mental state and entitlement.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                Well, his season ended last night, unless there is a tourney for 5-21 teams....I'd be anxious to see what FOTP has to say in reflection....
                something ... something ... "Gregg Marshall ruined my boy" ... something ....something ... "Erik's a true leader and a winner, coach just needs to hand over all responsibilities to Erik".... grumble .... grumble ... (something political) .... "damn 3g!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Not an ES fan, but Marshall had no part in the events that unfolded? ES by himself would have been just another transfer, ES + Marshall's boorish behavior equals last year's events.
                  ES was a locker room Cancer (after his hot shooting at the beginning ended), to a team that had a lot of fragility because of a lack of Senior leadership within it. Without him, or with Senior leaders on the team, things may have been manageable. However, Marshall didn't have the leadership skills to manage that combustible team.

Comment

• Dude's dad has been on Twitter talking poorly about other players and coaches on Washington's team. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                      Dude's dad has been on Twitter talking poorly about other players and coaches on Washington's team. Crazy.
                      Does that surprise you?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        1976 just missed the boat on this one. So close.
                        The original prediction...

ShockFev's analysis of the prediction....

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          Dude's dad has been on Twitter talking poorly about other players and coaches on Washington's team. Crazy.
                          Eric would seem a bit of a Frankenstein monster. And the person who created him is the person pointing fingers at anyone and everyone who he things have misunderstood and mistreated his creation. Perhaps a nice Christmas gift to FOTP would be a mirror. Hard to know for sure what motivates a guy like FOTP but many of these kind of people or simply trying to relive there lives through the lives of their kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Does that surprise you?
                            The type of fantasy world he is living in, yes it does sometimes surprise me still with what comes out of his mouth.
                            I went to his twitter just to see and LOL. FOTP called TP's team the most selfish team in college hoops and how they will not be a good team with the current players/coaches. So TP is either going to transfer (again) or FOTP is trying to get a new coach into UW because its obviously the coaches fault..again.
                            ******* seems to be following Daddy Craig on twitter because he responded to one of his tweets
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Erik finishes the season shooting 35.7% from the field and 29.8% from three, while averaging almost as many turnovers as assists.

It's probably everyone else's fault though (players, coaches, trainers, fans).

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

The type of fantasy world he is living in, yes it does sometimes surprise me still with what comes out of his mouth.
                                I went to his twitter just to see and LOL. FOTP called TP's team the most selfish team in college hoops and how they will not be a good team with the current players/coaches. So TP is either going to transfer (again) or FOTP is trying to get a new coach into UW because its obviously the coaches fault..again.
                                ******* seems to be following Daddy Craig on twitter because he responded to one of his tweets
                                What a thread. ******* + Stevenson’s pops ain’t ever gonna let it go.

Comment

Working...
                                X