Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    I believe the source might be the practice coaches interactions with ES and JB first and then others, as well. Making them run until
    they talked in front of the whole team, IMO, was bush league and it po'd several of our key players. Players can call out team mates
    voluntarily but not be forced to do so by the coaching staff in front of the entire team. Maybe I have this wrong but I thought that is what
    I had heard when we were struggling. Maybe someone closer to things can straighten me out but this is the perception I got earlier.
    Do you think it all falls on ES ? If not, what ? I don't have facts only guessing based on the things I heard and read.
    Wait a minute. We tanked three games in a row, with the final game being a complete meltdown to Houston. THEN he has "The Meeting", and then suddenly we smash three teams in the mouth, barely lose to Cincy at Cincy, and then win the last 3 out of 4 matches. Now you're saying that "The Meeting" was the CAUSE of TransferGate?!

No. It's blatantly clear "The Meeting" helped the team put their personal issues aside just enough to get work done. But whatever poisonous chalice that was passed around among the squad was clearly served up prior to "The Meeting".

TransferGate was not caused by "The Meeting".
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      I believe the source might be the practice coaches interactions with ES and JB first and then others, as well. Making them run until
      they talked in front of the whole team, IMO, was bush league and it po'd several of our key players. Players can call out team mates
      voluntarily but not be forced to do so by the coaching staff in front of the entire team. Maybe I have this wrong but I thought that is what
      I had heard when we were struggling. Maybe someone closer to things can straighten me out but this is the perception I got earlier.
      Do you think it all falls on ES ? If not, what ? I don't have facts only guessing based on the things I heard and read.
      So are these guys softies then by your standards?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• There were two practice incidents we are aware of:

One is the "meeting," which happened after the game at Houston. That game was on February 9, and the "meeting" I think was the next day.

The other was the practice where Sherfield quit, which purportedly also involved a lot of players yelling at coaches and coaches yelling at players. That occurred before the Temple home game, which was on February 27.

Both of those things happened after the apparent problems with the team, though.

Some rumors I have read along the line are that the team pretty much quit on coach and decided to just play for one another. With the mass exodus, that seems very likely.

Another rumor I've read is that, with regard to the rift between the coaching staff and the players, an assistant coach is more the culprit than Marshall is. We haven't seen any assistants leave, though, so it's either someone with strong ties to Marshall, or that just isn't true.

I've also read where an assistant said something to Stevenson after Stevenson missed the 3-pointer in the final seconds of the home game vs. Cincinnati (Feb 6), and that "something" created a rift with the team. The next game was the game at Houston, and we saw how lifeless WSU looked in that game. That also coincides with what Erik's dad has been alluding to.

This is all probably more nuanced than any of us will ever know. I think the "blame" goes everywhere on this one.

EDITED to add dates.
        Last edited by rjl; March 27, 2020, 08:21 PM.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          There were two practice incidents we are aware of:

One is the "meeting," which happened after the game at Houston. That game was on February 9, and the "meeting" I think was the next day.

The other was the practice where Sherfield quit, which purportedly also involved a lot of players yelling at coaches and coaches yelling at players. That occurred before the Temple home game, which was on February 27.

Both of those things happened after the apparent problems with the team, though.

Some rumors I have read along the line are that the team pretty much quit on coach and decided to just play for one another. With the mass exodus, that seems very likely.

Another rumor I've read is that, with regard to the rift between the coaching staff and the players, an assistant coach is more the culprit than Marshall is. We haven't seen any assistants leave, though, so it's either someone with strong ties to Marshall, or that just isn't true.

I've also read where an assistant said something to Stevenson after Stevenson missed the 3-pointer in the final seconds of the home game vs. Cincinnati (Feb 6), and that "something" created a rift with the team. The next game was the game at Houston, and we saw how lifeless WSU looked in that game. That also coincides with what Erik's dad has been alluding to.

This is all probably more nuanced than any of us will ever know. I think the "blame" goes everywhere on this one.

EDITED to add dates.
          That's a lot of iinfo.
          Not a bad take.

Let's just say that the disagreement between coach(es) and player(s) stems from selfish play. That much I will say. Don't know if its a quote, but...."If you don't want to play team ball....GTFO."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well the loser has to stick around and eat crow and take the ensuing drubbing like a man. While not part of the bet, that's like practically written into the Shockernet honor code.
            OK I am in the bet; Salvation Army is my charity.

And I am done commenting on Erik Stevenson in every form and fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

OK I am in the bet; Salvation Army is my charity.

Well at least you pick your charities better than your coaches. Salvation Army is a great charity.

Comment

• Do we have permission to boo Eric if we ever play Washington? Lololol

Comment

• This isn't even TransferGate anymore ... with the coronavirus vector intersecting the Big Midt leaving vector, I think Transfergeddon is upon us!!!

The end is nighh!!

THE. END. IS. NIIIIGH!!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; March 28, 2020, 11:24 AM.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This isn't even TransferGate anymore ... with he coronavirus vector intersecting the Big Midt leaving vector, I think Transfergeddon is upon us!!!

The end is nighh!!

I have to admit that the Shocker men's basketball program is taking this social distancing stuff to an extreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                      Do we have permission to boo Eric if we ever play Washington? Lololol
                      May be better to go with a “daddy’s boy” chant?
                      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

This isn't even TransferGate anymore ... with the coronavirus vector intersecting the Big Midt leaving vector, I think Transfergeddon is upon us!!!

The end is nighh!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Probably should have went with that mindset about 2 weeks ago.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Man-o-man, this ES thread is like a scorching case of herpes simplex 10, you can't get rid of them but they keep coming back. Yeah, by posting I'm keeping the thread alive but I'm here to beg and plead with you all to divorce this guy and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He's an adult .. while we obviously don't know what has been said between them but if my dad was doing the stuff his dad is doing, I'd be confronting him telling him to stop.
                              I guess we can conclude the kid is smarter than his dad? I mean if your scenario came to pass

Until then, the jury is out

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Check out his Facebook page and you can get a better picture of who he is. Filled with fake news stories.
                                Damn, Im glad I dont waste my time on Facebook....I'd be too tempted to waste my time looking at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X