No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO - he is the on court coach and leader of this team...Go Erik !! Go Shox !!!

Comment

Another good game for the player considered to be the heart and soul of the team
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Hey guys, I finally came up with the perfect nickname for Eric. I'll just roll it out there all at once so you can see it in all its glory.

Erik Lets His Nuts Hang Stevenson

I'm not sure if it's fit for broadcasting, or even if it'll stick. But it's suitable.

Mr. Stevenson is now my NEW favorite player, and the absolute definition of PLAY ANGRY!

This man will help lead our Shockers to unprecedented heights, fellas.
        Last edited by ShockAzs; December 15, 2019, 05:06 AM. Reason: Usual typos

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I was down on Erik last year. Opponents were absolutely abusing him as a defender and his shot was off.

For most improved player, I think Stevenson is ahead of Burton. Burton has gone from a "shooter" to a "maker", but he was a pretty solid PG last year. Stevenson has gone from a guy who got beat on defense and couldn't shoot to a guy who's doing a pretty good job at...EVERYTHING!

He said he felt quicker with the weight loss he had over summer. It's hard for someone with the build he had last year to lose weight. It requires LOTS of time in the weight room, because he had to do many, many reps to build strength without building muscle mass. That's a lot of hours of incredibly boring activity. Then he had to spend a lot of time in the gym working on his shot. In addition, he had to absolutely accept any and every coaching instruction.

Put all that with his motor, hustle, and "refuse to lose" attitude and that's how he got from last year to this year. That type of effort is contagious. IMHO, we haven't seen a player who could affect the rest of the team that way since Baker and VanVleet graduated.
          Well said. Eric has improved every part of his game. Very intense dude on the court.

Comment

10 games into the season (about one third of the season), here is where Erik stands:
            Lead in playing minutes (27.9 mpg)
            Lead in points (13.7 ppg)
            2nd in rebounds (5.4 rpg) behind Trey Wade
            2nd in assists (28), behind Jamarius Burton
            Co-lead with Tyson Etienne in steals (13)
            Last edited by T.VuOP; December 15, 2019, 07:44 AM. Reason: typo
            Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Stevenson's intensity Saturday was epic. He wanted to be the best player on the court and backed it up with his play. He wanted to shut down Reaves and did well in that regard. When he was pulled for a blow, he was standing by Marshall demanding to go back in.

Love this player!
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

As HCGM said after the game, it’s obvious that Erik is with the right program.

Comment

That swat into the stands thOUgh was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
                  I'd give it a conservative 9.5.
                  The sudden surprise element was top-notch combined with high exit velocity and pleasing trajectory and distance with smooth catchability for the finish!
                  Gif worthiness = 12

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

I noticed something different about Erik in the game yesterday he seems to jump much higher, I have noticed he is quicker but a couple of times yesterday he seemed to almost jump out of the arena. I have always thought he had the Wessel hustle and a high BBIQ and would be a key player but he is still improving. We have a great
                    bunch of young players and this team could develop into something very special.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                      I noticed something different about Erik in the game yesterday he seems to jump much higher, I have noticed he is quicker but a couple of times yesterday he seemed to almost jump out of the arena. I have always thought he had the Wessel hustle and a high BBIQ and would be a key player.
                      He's starting to manifest a lot of Wessel qualities, isn't he?

Better dial it back a tad Eric, you're getting into Giving-Up-Your-Scholarship territory.

Comment

He has recently reminded me of Baker with his skill set and attitude. He is a much better athlete, but less physical.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Erik's play makes my panties moister than an oyster.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Good court vision. Good handles. Keeps his head up.

This guard rotation gon' be good, sooner rather than later...

Comment

Eric has really come onto his own and is playing with tremendous confidence and energy. Loved the killer block shot he made.

Comment

When it’s all said and done, ES may end up alongside Cotton as my favorite Shocker of all time. I just love his attitude.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X