Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    South Carolina recently extended Martin's contract for two years and he is busy rebuilding the Gamecocks' roster due to portal transfers and two players declaring for the NBA draft.

ES is the third transfer portal commitment joining guard Chico Carter Jr. and big man AJ Wilson.
    They have been rebuilding since 2017...

Comment

• Why would Martin want him?

Comment

• He just likes the attention of all of this. Like a dude who is on his 3rd marriage but still registers and wants everyone else to be excited for him.

Comment

• You know, I’m probably in the vast minority here, but I’ve grown to like Martin... no doubt of his intensity but watching his press videos is enlightening...
          HOWEVER.... this WILL be interesting for TP and FOTP

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            You know, I’m probably in the vast minority here, but I’ve grown to like Martin... no doubt of his intensity but watching his press videos is enlightening...
            Do people here hate Martin? I've never had any issues with him but he is pretty damn intense and doesn't strike me as a guy that someone as sensitive as Erik would thrive under .
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You know, I’m probably in the vast minority here, but I’ve grown to like Martin... no doubt of his intensity but watching his press videos is enlightening...
              Frank is fine with me. Didn’t like that K-State hired him seemingly only to keep Beasley and Walker, but he grew on me over the years. Tough on-court demeanor but I think he genuinely cares for his players.

TP and FOTP better pull their heads out and keep their mouths shut...but if this goes bad, TP’s basketball career will be over.

78-65

Comment

• Frank Martin always striked me as a genuine dude. I like Martin. He is closer to GM than not. Surprised Frank would want ES. Surprised ES wants to play for Martin. Frank does not strike me as the guy to put up with any of TP's BS. Like, here is GM's tolerance for BS.... then you go down several notches and you get to FM's tolerance for BS. This is worth watching, for sure.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I am cool with him.

Comment

• So Marshall makes TP cry so then TP eventually ends up in Frank Martinville? LOL.

This could get REAL good. And yes, I question too why Martin would give a crap about this guy. I was certain he was destined for D2, which is more his speed.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• You absolutely know what you are getting with him. If you look at his stats...he is crazy consistent since his freshman year. Around 10 pts, 30% or lower 3 pt%, 78% free throw...i mean its eerie how consistent he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                        You absolutely know what you are getting with him. If you look at his stats...he is crazy consistent since his freshman year. Around 10 pts, 30% or lower 3 pt%, 78% free throw...i mean its eerie how consistent he is.
                        And he consistently calls out his teammates on the internet ( or at least his dad does), and creates team drama.

Comment

• If I were you guys I would be very careful about continuing to call him Frank Martin. That's disrespectful to Don Martin (pronounced Marteen), and if you aren't careful, you might find yourself swimming with the fishes. And don't Tweet about him unless Tweeted to. Foggetaboutit.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Well if he’s looking for an instant winning team, he’s going to a place that hasn’t won 20 games since 2017. Maybe he’s just looking to showcase his skills in that conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Frank Martin always striked me as a genuine dude. I like Martin. He is closer to GM than not. Surprised Frank would want ES. Surprised ES wants to play for Martin. Frank does not strike me as the guy to put up with any of TP's BS. Like, here is GM's tolerance for BS.... then you go down several notches and you get to FM's tolerance for BS. This is worth watching, for sure.
                              I hear you, but Martin strikes me also as a dude who's willing to take a chance on a kid with ability that needs some direction. Frank probably doesn't care about helicopter issues. He simply won't put up with it. It will be interesting for sure. But the fiery coach has definitely grown on me over the years as well. Good luck to all involved!

Comment

• Isn't there a quote from Frank Martin that says "kids haven't changed, but the parents have"?

Comment

Working...
                                X