No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Central Arkansas Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win against a way over matched opponent!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
      Halftime. I predict lots of bench time. What's up with DD? Nearly every offensive play he jogs down to the same spot on the floor - left perimeter wing, and waits. And waits. Once in a while he tries to cut. Is he OK? I mentioned to someone he didn't even look like the same player as a freshman - not even his first game. They thought DD had a medical issue at some point this summer. Did I miss something on SN over the summer? Is he OK now? Just curioous is all. He seems to move OK on defense, but very lackluster and inactive on offense. Unless that's the plan right now.
      I have to tell the truth. DD plays like his head is stuck up his a$$. Whatever is on his mind it's not basketball.

Comment

The good news is that this team isn’t built around DD. We have other guys that can play the 3 until he decides to start playing like he’s capable.

Comment

Not a momentous game against a weak opponent so it's hard to take away much. I was happy to see us experiment with a
          bigger line up much of the game. MO did a nice job I just want to see him and TW do it against some quality competition.
          Don't know what to say about DD. Would like to see him use his athleticism more by attacking the rim. He may not always
          get all the way there but the amount of assists and foul shots he could get would really help the team. At this point he is
          not even close to being an NBA player so forget about it, relax, have fun and be aggressive. I like TE's game and GS better tonight.
          We need to win two out of three of our next games. I'll be interested to see how TW and IC do against the next three - also
          MO. Go shocks !

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I have to tell the truth. DD plays like his head is stuck up his a$$. Whatever is on his mind it's not basketball.
            Something to do with a chick? They can screw up your head.

Comment

Who ever has been telling Dexter he is NBA material is just lying. They are liars. His handle is not as good as its needs to be, He doesn't play defense the way he used to, and his 3 point shot is gone. The kid needs to get in the gym and work on his game.

Speaking of defense who is our lock down defender?

Comment

Don't know when I've gotten less out of an evening - which is good. We won the game, and that's a step ahead of Kentucky and Duke this season which both lost games they probably shouldn't have. Not sure HCGM got anything out of this game other than getting the guys a little run before Saturday. This game was in no way a preview of that game. Shocks brought their B game tonight. That won't work in Stllwater.

Comment

What an odd game. Hard to complain about a laugher though. Well, I assumed. Most of you seem to have figured it out, so maybe it isn't that hard.
                  Last edited by Cdizzle; December 5, 2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Yep... could have been a 60 point game if they had not been for UCA not being reshot on threes and WSU missing some makeables

Comment

Strange night, strange game. Not sure I can remember a game where we had that many shots at the rim especially in transition. Our freshman have so much basketball skill. Great passing.

Erik Stevenson must have deflected 10 passes. His D was outstanding. I love watching our guys have fun, but maybe it was a little too much fun tonight? Might have to do with the youth.

We do seem to have spent an adequate amount of time coordinating hand shakes.

Gregg was clearly ill and ran out of the gym at the under 4. He looked like he wanted to barf more than once during the game.

Tyson has a hair trigger.

These guys got after it on D tonight. D Gordon is making big strides towards being able to help this team.

Comment

Dexter had one of the 3 best plus minus numbers tonight. He was far from bad.

Comment

6,000 tickets were scanned? That's it? That's turbel

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            6,000 tickets were scanned? That's it? That's turbel
                            Five page post game thread...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don't think we have to worry about Dennis leaving early for the NBA.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                                Who ever has been telling Dexter he is NBA material is just lying. They are liars. His handle is not as good as its needs to be, He doesn't play defense the way he used to, and his 3 point shot is gone. The kid needs to get in the gym and work on his game.
                                3G is very guilty of this

Comment

Working...
                                X