Wichita State vs Central Arkansas Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post

Haven’t seen you on here in ages. Thanks, btw. Don’t know if I ever told you.
    You are welcome. I'm here everyday but I don't post much. Drive-by sh!t posting for the most part.

ETN impressed me with his toughness last night. The thump when he hit the floor after going for the poorly thrown emergency pass near halfcourt was LOUD, clear up in the rafters where we were sitting. He stayed in and played some tough D afterwards. His shot is quick from 3 but he put his head down a couple of times and went to the rim. DD needs to do more of that.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

ETN plays like TNT with a short fuse. There’s always anticipation of a big explosion.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I forgot my feeling about Gordon...love him...smooth!

Comment

1. I like Noah's game.
          2. Thought the place might explode when Dex finally made one.
          3. 10,000 tix sold, 6,000+ scanned.
          4. There's about two minutes of film Gordon ain't gonna like.
          5. Poo at the 4 had mixed reviews, I thought.
          6. That's the most "moving screen" calls I ever remember.
          7. ETN damn lucky he did not get seriously hurt when that guy undercut him......and no foul.
          8. JB hunted his shot a bit too much.
          9. JoBoo in pre-game looked taller than 6'10"
          10. Lots of different lineups is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            1. I like Noah's game.
            2. Thought the place might explode when Dex finally made one.
            3. 10,000 tix sold, 6,000+ scanned.
            4. There's about two minutes of film Gordon ain't gonna like.
            5. Poo at the 4 had mixed reviews, I thought.
            6. That's the most "moving screen" calls I ever remember.
            7. ETN damn lucky he did not get seriously hurt when that guy undercut him......and no foul.
            8. JB hunted his shot a bit too much.
            9. JoBoo in pre-game looked taller than 6'10"
            10. Lots of different lineups is fun.
            7 ..... Pretty sure it was Dex that undercut him ...

Comment

Can someone tell me who GM said were the three top +/- players last night? Dexter was one (many of you wouldn't have thunk that), but I didn't hear the other two. He seemed pleased with their play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Can someone tell me who GM said were the three top +/- players last night? Dexter was one (many of you wouldn't have thunk that), but I didn't hear the other two. He seemed pleased with their play.
                JB and...…...

Comment

ES and I believe ETM

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    JB and Erik and then Dex was third

Comment

ETN is starting to show that he’s not just a 3 point shooter. I have a feeling he’s gonna make big strides 2nd half. I was also happy to see Sherfield getting to shoot some. He has such a smooth stroke. ES is the heart and soul of this team right now. He doesn’t have to be a 3 point shooter to be a difference maker. His defense, rebounding, passing and ability to slash are just as important. He may be the most well rounded player on this team right now.

Comment

Once again, agree with Dan and his comments

Comment

I enjoyed all the different line ups. Hoping Dex can start hitting his shots. Really enjoying the team this year and can’t wait for OSU!

Comment

IMHO, whatever was gained by playing UCA in the first half was lost in the second. Didn't care for our defense or offense in the 2nd half. To me, it appeared we were disinterested (understandable), but this was an opportunity to "scrimmage" someone other than yourself to prepare for the future. I still believe our offense (probably by design) stands around to much and the passing seems slow and deliberate much of the time. Hopefully, the team was working on new sets in the second half that I simply wasn't astute enough to see, nor had they practiced enough to execute well.

Yes, we caused our opponent to have 30 turnovers, but they had 28 against Prairie View. We had 16 (too many), only 2 coming after the bench was cleared.
                            UCA also had their best FG% (49%) for a game than against any other D-I opponent for the year so far. Better than our FG% for the game. As a note, in the 2nd half we shot better from 3 (7-14 outstanding) than from 2 (8-20). Just the opposite of the first half - 3s (4-14), 2s (16-26).
                            Score for the second half was 41-40. 39-39 before the bench was cleared. Note: We subbed in after our foul that created 2 of their points from the line.

OK. I feel better now that I have vented.

GO SHOCKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              I forgot my feeling about Gordon...love him...smooth!
                              He scares the hell out of me on a fast break though. His handles are rough around the edges for sure and he seems to be not so sure of himself dribbling in open court. Then again forwards typically aren’t known to have excellent ball handling skills. But I’m excited to see him develop!
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                I still believe our offense (probably by design) stands around to much and the passing seems slow and deliberate much of the time. Hopefully, the team was working on new sets in the second half that I simply wasn't astute enough to see, nor had they practiced enough to execute well.
                                This thing. I agree. But, I think its by design.
                                One 2nd half play that really grinds my gears, was ES dribble penetration and total collapse of the D and he makes a twisting layupbetween 2-3 guys for 2 points. If DD trails his defender who is collapsing on the lane, ES makes the simple pass and highlight dunk for DD. Instead, he stands idly by on the 3ball line. No worries about hitting the O-glass either, I guess, 'cause he knew ES was making that shot against all those guys. And its not just DD, lots of "lazy" ball last night, but it is Central Ark, and it is what it is. It needs to be better. Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X