Wichita State vs. Central Arkansas Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    Overmatched athletes is midmajor. I've heard all this BS about how we are getting a different level of athlete. It didn't look like it against WVU.

Edit: WVU has a pretty young roster too.
    WVU had a Lunker(s)...

That being said, we've faced Lunkers before and survived during the FVV era. What did we do then? Denied the pass and boxed out.

T

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

WVU's best players were Culver (6-10) and Tshiebwe (6-9). Our lineups are small and our bigs are not amazing defensively, so we got burned. It was a bad matchup for us on that side of the court, and inexperience on the other side also hurt us. Doesn't make us mid-major, just undersized for a matchup like that.
      We are agreeing more than you think. I am saying having undersized and underskilled big men is a telltale midmajor marker. So is riding the wave of good guards play until they gain experience or you can knock more athletic teams off for a tourney run. Then you do it again every 2 or 3 years. I'm OK with that, but let's call it what it is, a high quality midmajor playbook.

Let's see how we look lined up against OSU. WVU may be the most physical team in America. I only know what I saw.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

was it all on our bigs or were the guards to blame as well? Our offensive movement was terrible. On defense, we let their guys get int he paint and when our bigs came in to cut off their guards there was no one to blocks out their big guys. Some of this could also be the short turnaround in the games. We're still playing a lot of young guys and maybe they need more time to prepare for each opponent.

Comment

Totally looking past Central AR. We'll see High Major Division I players in Stillwater. I thought we looked very midmajor against WV.
          Did the Shockers look mid-major against South Carolina to you?

Comment

WVU goes all the way to the top.

I blame it on Boatright.

Impeach!!!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Cool stat i just noticed. Erik Stevenson is currently 6th in the NCAA for Assist to Turnover ratio at 4.6

Comment

As for Central Arkansas, they gonna get the baby seal treatment. We gonna club ‘em.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Did the Shockers look mid-major against South Carolina to you?
                  South Carolina looked terrible. Maybe we had something to do with that. Maybe they win 4 SEC games. Let's see how we measure up against OSU, who put a PlayStation score on Ole Miss and beat Syracuse away. Nothing wrong with a loss in Stillwater, but will we look like we belong? I don't know. I know we didn't against WVU.

Comment

South Carolina looked terrible. Maybe we had something to do with that. Maybe they win 4 SEC games. Let's see how we measure up against OSU, who put a PlayStation score on Ole Miss and beat Syracuse away.
                    well when you go out on a limb with your statement regarding West Virginia (that we are Mid-Majorish), it’s definitely good to give yourself a lifeline against OSU. Time will show if we are a bad team soon enough. My question to you is “Was West Virginia Mid-Majorish” against UNI? My point is every team has bad games but that doesn’t mean they are a bad team.

Comment

Quotables: Pre-Central Arkansas

GREGG MARSHALL on…

... where he is challenging his players at this point in the year

... what the big guys can do better

... Erik Stevenson's offensive game

... the mindset going into the game against Central Arkansas:

"I want to see us play really well, regardless of the opponent. I want to see how well we can possibly play. We're not going to play a perfect game, but how well can we play? Because that's what it's going to take when we go down to Stillwater on Sunday."

... how Jaime Echenique's hand looks

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        This team and Abilene Christian are likely the 2 worst teams we will play all year. Both are currently winless vs D1 schools.
                        And let's keep it that way, Wich-i-ta should not be a problem.

Comment

I'm gonna have to say....Shox by a lot!
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

well when you go out on a limb with your statement regarding West Virginia (that we are Mid-Majorish), it’s definitely good to give yourself a lifeline against OSU. Time will show if we are a bad team soon enough. My question to you is “Was West Virginia Mid-Majorish” against UNI? My point is every team has bad games but that doesn’t mean they are a bad team.
                            I never said we were a bad team. I said we looked like a midmajor against WVU. Both in performance and airport test.

Comment

I never said we were a bad team. I said we looked like a midmajor against WVU. Both in performance and airport test.
                              We have games every year where we look terrible. The good news is that this clunker was against a really good team and we didn't get blown out. Hopefully we can make it up winning 2 or 3 vs OU, OSU and VCU. If we're gonna be an NCAA tourney team, we need to grab a few nice non-con wins.

Comment

Remember when we lost by 30 to a decent but not great OU team?

Yeah, that didn't happen against WVU. We're not going undefeated this year, we're gonna be fine.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X