Wichita State vs. Central Arkansas Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Remember when we lost by 30 to a decent but not great OU team?

Yeah, that didn't happen against WVU. We're not going undefeated this year, we're gonna be fine.
    Is Top 40 not classified as good?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
      Remember when we lost by 30 to a decent but not great OU team?

Yeah, that didn't happen against WVU. We're not going undefeated this year, we're gonna be fine.
      I'm not talking about the result. I am talking about the obvious difference in the level of athlete.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

WVU's best players were Culver (6-10) and Tshiebwe (6-9). Our lineups are small and our bigs are not amazing defensively, so we got burned. It was a bad matchup for us on that side of the court, and inexperience on the other side also hurt us. Doesn't make us mid-major, just undersized for a matchup like that.
        This all day.

The next time the Shocks play a team that fields TWO 6'9.5" and 260 lbs. front-liners, one of which is a P5 pre-season all first-team (Culver) and the other a McDonald's All-American I'll be worried. Don't know when that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

And let's keep it that way, Wich-i-ta should not be a problem.
          Here's my Gillen impression: Which-it-a-taw. Right?

That guy was openly rooting for the Gamecokcs wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Here's my Gillen impression: Which-it-a-taw. Right?

That guy was openly rooting for the Gamecokcs wasn't he?
            Maybe it's just me, but that seems to happen often when one team is trailing; the announcers become cheerleaders for the team trying to play catch-up... again, probably just me. Missed both games, were they cheering for us when UWV was taking us to the wood shed?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

This all day.

The next time the Shocks play a team that fields TWO 6'9.5" and 260 lbs. front-liners, one of which is a P5 pre-season all first-team (Culver) and the other a McDonald's All-American I'll be worried. Don't know when that will be.
              We do play Memphis correct?? Their bigs are sorta athletic. With or without JW...

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

We do play Memphis correct?? Their bigs are sorta athletic. With or without JW...
                How many are 260 lbs.? And quick. With good hands. And I'm not implying their bigs' aren't good, ok?

Either way, when Wiseman is around (for the 2nd game) I hope we are competitive, and in no way am implying that can't happen.

Comment

Line Movements for Bears vs Shockers provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Shockers opened up as 22.0 favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Is Top 40 not classified as good?
                    I never said they weren't good. I said they weren't great.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Feel like death warmed over. Still planning on driving over, cause...........it's gameday, bitches!!

Comment

I have had three friends call and offer their tickets for this game. Don't be surprised if the crowd is not up to whatever your standard is.

I took the offer that included a parking pass.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                          I have had three friends call and offer their tickets for this game. Don't be surprised if the crowd is not up to whatever your standard is.

Agree

Comment

Shox 84-55

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post

mrs sharif and i have had 3 calls for freebies.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Feel like death warmed over. Still planning on driving over, cause...........it's gameday, bitches!!
                                I hear ya. Wife and I both have been battling a bug for a few weeks, but I had a urologist appointment in ICT today (I call the guy Dr. Richard “Dick” Butcher, but that’s another story for another day). After that misery we decided to stay the night tonight and catch the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X