Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Central Arkansas Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
    When: DEC 5 (THU) 7:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN. CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: YURVIEW KS https://www.yurview.com/central-arka...etball-12-5-19

Central Arkansas:
    With four first-place votes and a pair of second team preseason all-conference picks, the Central Arkansas (UCA) Bears were predicted to come in fifth in the 13-member league. UCA earned two spots on the preseason all-conference second team, with center Hayden Koval and point guard Deandre Jones on the squad. UCA is 0-6 in Division I games, with their only win coming against DIII Hendrix College.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 22.0
    DRatings: To Be Added
    ESPN: WSU 95%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 98% by 22.0
    KenPom: WSU 98% by 22.0
    Massey: WSU 97% by 24.0
    Nolan: WSU by 26.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 27.0
    Torvik: WSU 98% by 24.2
    Wilson: WSU 99% by 35.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    97.92%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    2.08%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    0%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 4, 2019, 04:52 PM. Reason: Updated Prediction Models

"There is a bear in the woods" = 61
    "And were gonna shoot him, skin him, and eat him" = 93

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Just a game that the only thing I'm worried about is that our players come away with the win injury free.

Comment

Hope they learned something about themselves last game and come out and play with some fire. Not sure we’ll be able to tell with this opponent though.

Comment

Don't look ahead to Oklahoma State like I'm doing.

Comment

Totally looking past Central AR. We'll see High Major Division I players in Stillwater. I thought we looked very midmajor against WV.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Shocks by 20+
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                Totally looking past Central AR. We'll see High Major Division I players in Stillwater. I thought we looked very midmajor against WV.
                Inexperience does not equal mid-major.

Comment

I was out of town and didn't see either game in Cancun. Did we look midmajor against South Carolina? Just asking for a friend.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I was out of town and didn't see either game in Cancun. Did we look midmajor against South Carolina? Just asking for a friend.
                    Totally different type of team. We stopped them from running the court and they had no half court offense. South Carolina is either terrible or we were just a bad matchup for them.

Comment

This team and Abilene Christian are likely the 2 worst teams we will play all year. Both are currently winless vs D1 schools.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Inexperience does not equal mid-major.
                        Overmatched athletes is midmajor. I've heard all this BS about how we are getting a different level of athlete. It didn't look like it against WVU.

Edit: WVU has a pretty young roster too.
                        Last edited by BOBB; December 3, 2019, 01:29 PM.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Overmatched athletes is midmajor. I've heard all this BS about how we are getting a different level of athlete. It didn't look like it against WVU.
                          You got that right.

Comment

Lots of people are going to be overmatched vs Oscar Tshiebwe. Dude's a legit 5 star monster.

Oscar aside, I thought we were overmatched too (you can't be out-rebounded by 17 and not be) physically.

Can't give up 41% from 3 and shoot 67% from the line on 30 attempts and 31% from the field and expect to beat anybody decent (WVU had a lot of say in our bad shots though). We did take care of the ball better than WVU (only 9 turnovers vs 13) but that's a bit misleading as they had 5 steals vs our 3. They gave us several freebies and only shot 60% from the line or the score could have been a lot worse.

Comment

Edit: WVU has a pretty young roster too.
                              WVU's best players were Culver (6-10) and Tshiebwe (6-9). Our lineups are small and our bigs are not amazing defensively, so we got burned. It was a bad matchup for us on that side of the court, and inexperience on the other side also hurt us. Doesn't make us mid-major, just undersized for a matchup like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X