No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. South Carolina Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, ES will be a Shocker great if he keeps improving at this trajectory. Am I getting ahead of myself here? Imagine *when* his 3 ball starts falling consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
      Also, ES will be a Shocker great if he keeps improving at this trajectory. Am I getting ahead of myself here? Imagine *when* his 3 ball starts falling consistently.
      He definitely has that chance! Not unlike a lot of this Shocker bunch!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
        Great game by the guys. LOVED the effort and intensity. I'm not gonna nitpick little things, just going to enjoy this one and wait till tomorroww night.

Kudos to the SHocker faithful who travel with the best teams in the country! YOU WERE ALL AWESOME!!!!!! So jealous here in Wichita as the temperatures are in the low-mid 40s and the flippin wind is blowing, like, 80 miles an hour.

Guys calling the game were less than awesome. I swear every time SC made a basket "Here we go! South Carolina starting to get on a run!!!" It was almost painful to listen to. I think I recall twice he did it and the deficit was 18 and 19 points. DO the sports viewing world a favor. Don't anticipate what is going to happen, don't try and predict it, don't try and coach it from the announcer-guy table. Just call the game as it is being played.
        Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          I really like Frank Martin. I like hearing him talk about life and basketball. But I love coach Marshall and the shockers so much better.

Comment

• Some takeaways

1) Against a decent high major, the walkons got significant court time.
            2) Officiating was different in this game than it has been in previous games. The tighter whistle didn't rattle the Shox.
            3) With Dex still struggling and Burton not having the type of game he's been having, it didn't matter. No panic, just some others stepping up.
            4) Stevenson seems to be the current "I refuse to lose" guy.
            5) Stevenson is more likely to be a shooter like Cotton than like Baker. That's all he needs with everything else he brings to the court.
            6) A very young team was not distracted by being in one of the better resort spots on the planet. More experienced teams have not done the same.
            7) Young teams tend to be up and down. This was an up. An incredibly serious up. There will be some downs.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think the Shox depth benefitted by the tight whistle.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I heard conflicting information on the technical foul. I was still driving home from work at the time, and didn’t actually see it. Anyone have the scoop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  I heard conflicting information on the technical foul. I was still driving home from work at the time, and didn’t actually see it. Anyone have the scoop?
                  I wasn't watching it online and still don't know the reason.

Comment

• I was confused watching it on TV. The announcers said Marshall got it for arguing a foul call on DD, however WSU got the ball after the foul shot, so DD didn't foul.

I think it was either.

DD made a good defensive play and on the way back did the flex his mussels thing. He might have gotten Ted up for that.

Or Marshall must have said something to DD about his flexing that the ref took the wrong way and Ted Marshall up.

Either way Marshall wasn't happy and got his say in after the T. I did see Marshall flexing his mussels during the "discussion" with the ref so I think it was the second.

Edit. I just looked at the box score. It was on DD. I think it was for taunting.
                    Last edited by jdmee; November 27, 2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                      I was confused watching it on TV. The announcers said Marshall got it for arguing a foul call on DD, however WSU got the ball after the foul shot, so DD didn't foul.

I think it was either.

DD made a good defensive play and on the way back did the flex his mussels thing. He might have gotten Ted up for that.

Or Marshall must have said something to DD about his flexing that the ref took the wrong way and Ted Marshall up.

Either way Marshall wasn't happy and got his say in after the T. I did see Marshall flexing his mussels during the "discussion" with the ref so I think it was the second.

Edit. I just looked at the box score. It was on DD. I think it was for taunting.
                      I especially liked the part where Marshall was pleading with the ref, and Dennis walks up to the adults to explain his position, as well, and Marshall looks at him and says, “Shut your fu*king mouth.”

Gregg needs no help.

Comment

• Does anybody know of a way to see a replay of the game. CBSsports doesn't seem to have a link on their site.

BTW, the CBS recap made it clear that USCe was playing their first game away from home. Good thing the Shockers had all that road experience to lean on.
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• The CP5SportsNetwork is trying to erase that one from their archives. Also they are trying to figure out how to broadcast the UCLA vs USC Tiddlywinks Scrimmage before the impending P5 loss this afternoon in Cancun. Dont be surprised if they have "satellite problems" mid match.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                            Does anybody know of a way to see a replay of the game. CBSsports doesn't seem to have a link on their site.

BTW, the CBS recap made it clear that USCe was playing their first game away from home. Good thing the Shockers had all that road experience to lean on.
                            South Carolina is also extremely young...

Unlike the Shox with all our experience.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• that was a good ole country asswhoopin

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Virginia reminds me of our team.
                                FIFY.

Comment

Working...
                                X