Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Iowa at St. Mary's on right now (1 AM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory!

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    I'm confident they will score 30 points before the game ends.
    They got it done, with almost 6 minutes to spare!

Comment

Final Score: SMC 57 UNI 41

They actually broke 40 points.

Comment

UNI did NOT look very well coached in that game. Lots of one-on-one and chuckin'. Kudjoe Uhelegbuh ain't walkin' through the door. (So glad that joker is gone)

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
          UNI looks stiff, unathletic, and undersized.
          Very much so. They better start hitting some bunnies this year and shoot 3s at a better than 40% clip or it will be a lowly season in Illinois as well as Iowa. Those two states represent the second tier in MVC basketball.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Two more things:

Anyone think Stutz will have any trouble with Tuttle? That will be a total mismatch.

A James looked like a really out of control DWill.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Pretty embarrassing show put on by UNI and they were lucky to even hit 41 as Saint Mary's defense got a little loose toward the end. UNI shooting off balance contested jumpers and missing bunnies all night. Just looked awful. Although Im sure it probably is a little tough to go from the east coast to west coast within a few days and play 1am Iowa time

Comment

UNI has a problem in that they can't score much in the half court (and barely can score at all if James is cold) but the last thing they want to do is run up and down the court.

If you play the Panthers and refuse to play D, run down the court and take undisciplined and forced jumpers, don't rebound and make stupid passes and are very limited athletically, you're going to be in big trouble against UNI.

I don't doubt UNI will improve, but as I've been saying for some time, there aren't any Sweet16 players left. UNI isn't talented. I wish ValleyTalk still existed so I could remember the Panther fan that GUARANTEED me UNI was going to be better than WSU for at least the next 4 years.

And the Panthers are the perfect example of why I hate the Valley. They have NO CHANCE to compete nationally for anything. But they'll find a way to ruin it for someone that does.

Comment

I watched the second half. I thought uni looked terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Two more things:

Anyone think Stutz will have any trouble with Tuttle?

I had lunch with Tuttle this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post

You thought right.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        If you play the Panthers and refuse to play D, run down the court and take undisciplined and forced jumpers, don't rebound and make stupid passes and are very limited athletically, you're going to be in big trouble against UNI.
                        Hahaha!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's just sad, sad for UNI, and sad for the Valley.

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I had lunch with Tuttle this afternoon.
                            I was looking for him all day yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                              I watched the first half. I thought UNI looked terrible.

That was very ugly basketball. Doc pretty much summarized it well. St. Mary's isn't known for their defense and UNI managed to drop 41 on them. All I saw was one-and-done chucking and no inside presence at all.

UNI fans are chalking it up to travel and opponent and that may partially be it, but that was a BAD demonstration of product on national tv. Not the best follow-up after the ODU win. Either ODU is not gonna be that good this year or UNI is gonna be awfully inconsistent, at least early.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not a good showing, but Jacobson has done enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. Last year, UNI only put up 39 in a loss at Iowa, but still put up a 20 win season. That being said, offensive consistency should be a problem for them this year. When Koch and James are on their game they will be tough, but the don't have a whole lot of room for error.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X