Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Iowa at St. Mary's on right now (1 AM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no doubt the travel played a part in their effort. But remember it was 48-21 with 10 minutes to go. the 16 point final makes it sound close when it was most certainly not. The travel didn't make UNI nonathletic. This is not a talented group of basketball players. They aren't big either. And they aren't that experienced. That's a combination unlikely to result in a lot of wins.

UNIfan can chalk it up to whatever they want.....that isn't going to change the reality that they don't have a talented team this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      Not a good showing, but Jacobson has done enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. Last year, UNI only put up 39 in a loss at Iowa, but still put up a 20 win season. That being said, offensive consistency should be a problem for them this year. When Koch and James are on their game they will be tough, but the don't have a whole lot of room for error.
      The coach is good, no doubt about it. The best point is about their margin for error...it is RAZOR thin. If Koch or James has an off night or get injured, it's bye-bye time to any wins except against the worst of the worst.

Comment

Unathletic, and playing at midnight? That's a tough combination for anyone.

Comment

I taped the game last night. Sorry, only a few select teams would I stay up to watch until the wee hours of the morning. Right after halftime I started fast forwarding to see if they changed their game plan. Nope! It was sad to watch. I think Jacobson is a fine coach and better than 90% of them. Hope this was just a bump in the road for him. I truly hope UNI gets better as the season progresses (just not when they play us).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            I was looking for him all day yesterday.
            He should be easy to spot ..... I saw him last jumping from his chopper....but he forgot one thing....his parachute!

Comment

valleychamp was here.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The UNI fan? Maybe he was going to wager the Panthers were going to finish ahead of WSU for the next 6 years running. It will always annoy me that the Valley decided to invite that D3 school. I've always respected their accomplishments....one wonders how such a crappy school, in the middle of nothing, that you can't fly to and nobody cares about can have any success. They certainly have had their fair share, and then some. But basketball-wise, let's keep it in perspective....They had 2 really, really good years. And during those 2 years they had 3 special talents. A 7'1" big man that was pretty decent, the elder Koch, at his size and athleticism, was a STUD, and Ahelgbe was a special talent. Those aren't average talent or skill set players. Anthony James is a NICE player. He is really good offensively. His adequate on the defensive end...but in D1 size matters. I'm rambling, but my point isn't that UNI can never be good. They can and have been good. They won't stay there, and they are on their way down. Their margin for error is just always so thin because nobody WANTS to go to Cedar Falls to a crappy teachers college.

Comment

Tuttle............

Comment

Working...
                  X