I don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topher77 View Post
    I downloaded an app for my Droid that lets me get the game broadcast from anywhere. And it is crystal clear. I live more than 60 miles from Wichita and getting 1330 at night is almost impossible and lots of static. Any radio station can be listened to.
    What app would that be? I may be interested in something like that.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

tunecast and tunein radio have a lot of radio streams.
      I know tunein has knss

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Reach is the advantage of AM radio. The disadvantage of AM is that it is nearly bankrupt. That's not a rap on Entercom. It's ALL of AM that is nearly bankrupt. That means the equipment is going to be at the absolute bottom end of stuff that sort of works.

KSU FB just flat bombs the entire state with massive numbers of AM stations that don't have problems broadcasting games, but there's a huge difference. KSU appeals to agriculture - and KSU FB sells massive amounts of agriculture-related national advertising. The KSU network can pay their stations enough that the stations can afford the equipment needed to produce the games.

BGM sells almost nothing but local advertising. There is no value to putting that advertising on stations outside of Wichita. That leaves BGM negotiating how much they have to pay to buy the time they use for broadcasts. I think it's apparent they aren't paying enough that they can make demands on Entercom for proper equipment and staffing to put out a reasonable product.

I don't think it was the shi**y phone line last night. I think it was Entercom's equipment that was dropping the connection.
        Yeah I'm sure the ag thing is why WHB 810 in KC carries the 'Cats lol.

Comment

Tunein Radio is the app I use for 1330 broadcasts. Very pleased and it is free.
          Topher77

Comment

AM radio reaches almost to Cheney in the evening. You think FM is not as far-reaching?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Nobody cares about this but you and I, ham.
              I know for sure that Entercom does not care.

The problems have been going on for years and years.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                I know for sure that Entercom does not care.

The problems have been going on for years and years.
                I'll second that!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
                  Your skill at missing the obvious is...well...obvious.

WHB carries the 'Cats because the Wildcat network PAYS WHB to carry the games. WHB gets paid more to carry the 'Cats than they could make if they sold advertising and had to produce (or buy) content. It's the national ag advertising that provides the $$ to pay WHB. The WHB signal does not stop at the KC - or even Lenexa - city limits. It goes out into the rural areas outside KC. That's probably where WHB's listeners to the games come from and it's certainly the market the advertisers want to reach. It's wasted money to advertise genetically engineered corn seed to inner city residents.

Having gone to a school with a decent business program, I will postulate that it's the "ag thing" that provides the money to the Wildcat Network. That's the source of their revenue. The Wildcat Network uses the money from "the ag thing" to pay WHB to carry the games. Therefore, "the ag thing" is precisely the reason why WHB carries 'Cats games.

This isn't a knock on KSU or the Wildcat Network in any way. It's merely pointing out the different demographics of KSU fans and WSU fans, and how that demographic allows the Wildcat Network to have a massive AM radio presence, while WSU suffers with a hardly tolerable radio presence.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat View Post
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Near Hutch 1330's signal, while attainable, isn't very strong. I don't have that problem with 103.7.

Comment

How about Sirius? Right next to Howard Stern?
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Topher77 View Post
                          Tunein Radio is the app I use for 1330 broadcasts. Very pleased and it is free.
                          I have it also and it works great. I also use FStream app for Shockerradio.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                            tunecast and tunein radio have a lot of radio streams.
                            I know tunein has knss
                            I will second the fact that this app is awesome!
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Gonna have to check that (tunein) out thanks ,, but it would be Awsome if we were on Sirius radio
                              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

radio

Tunein is great if you are not watching the game live
                                Don't let the fear of striking out - keep you from playing the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X