Reminiscing on the days of yore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you guys are SOLID hockey dudes!

I remember one grueling soccer match in my adult league, where a particularly tall opponent (he was probably at least 5'7" if not taller) looked at me sort of sternly. So I dove to the ground, writhing around holding my ankle in tremendous pain.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the ref wasn't looking so I gave it my best Jamie Lee Curtis blood-curdling scream to get his attention. Sure enough, the ref blows the whistle and comes running over and asked if I was okay. I placed my hand over my face to really emphasize my pain, and then pointed at the tall guy and whimpered, " ... that ... bastard". The ref went over to the AR (sideline ref), they shrugged their shoulders and called the foul.

So I hopped right up, told my boys I was taking the kick, and smashed it upper ninety to seal the game.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I remember one grueling soccer match in my adult league, where a particularly tall opponent (he was probably at least 5'7" if not taller) looked at me sort of sternly. So I dove to the ground, writhing around holding my ankle in tremendous pain.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the ref wasn't looking so I gave it my best Jamie Lee Curtis blood-curdling scream to get his attention. Sure enough, the ref blows the whistle and comes running over and asked if I was okay. I placed my hand over my face to really emphasize my pain, and then pointed at the tall guy and whimpered, " ... that ... bastard". The ref went over to the AR (sideline ref), they shrugged their shoulders and called the foul.

So I hopped right up, told my boys I was taking the kick, and smashed it upper ninety to seal the game.
      And this is why I don't like soccer.

Comment

This is such a perfect description of soccer right up until the part where you actually put the ball in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

And this is why I don't like soccer.
          I KNOW!!! The ref TOTALLY should have made that call without the need to consult the AR!!! THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
            scott stevens is a man. yes, he’s retired but it doesn’t leave you.

had the pleasure of skating with bob berg and travis clayton.. both had good wheels.. neither were very intimidating, but not worth messing with either.

you need some help with rob weingartner? naah homie, you’ll have to do this one alone or find someone else.
            Gotta give a shout out to Bruce "Rammer" Ramsay and his jackhammer fists. Not to mention his backwards dipsy doo shoot-out move.

T

Comment

Solid! The perfect antithesis story.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Gotta give a shout out to Bruce "Rammer" Ramsay and his jackhammer fists. Not to mention his backwards dipsy doo shoot-out move.

T

Speaking of coaches that could fight, remember Derek Laxdal going to town on Shreveport's coach during a postgame line brawl in the playoffs?
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

ulner nerve decompression surgery ended my hockey “career” but i sure miss those days. i’ll tell ya cold that an ass beating is one thing, but buying the beer afterward for the fight winner was icing on the cake. contrary to what many on here would believe, we were all friends but disagreed at a moment in time. the best was when i changed teams and got into a bench clearer with my old squad.. . pulling the jersey over my replacement’s head and giving him haymakers for shooting ice into my goalie’s face-mask was very rewarding. the trip by my old team’s bench rubbing my hands together like it was just another day probably wasn't a great idea. ended up on the bottom of a dog pile, resulting in nerve damage in my arm.

would i do it again? you're g-d right.
                  did i drink more beer than i bought? it was about 50/50
                  the trip by my old team’s bench rubbing my hands together like it was just another day probably wasn't a great idea

That'll get you in a world of **** in a hurry. Great job!

T

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Speaking of coaches that could fight, remember Derek Laxdal going to town on Shreveport's coach during a postgame line brawl in the playoffs?
                    That was way outta character for him!

Bryan Wells was the crazy mofo player/coach of all time.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That was way outta character for him!

Bryan Wells was the crazy mofo player/coach of all time.

T

Wellsy was the DUDE!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Wellsy was the DUDE!
                        I'm guessing he must be from Louisiana?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

This is such a perfect description of soccer right up until the part where you actually put the ball in the net.
                          Like I am going to tell you a story about the 99 times this happened before my glorious moment, where I didn't make it?!

This ain't a damn Dr. Phil thread!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm guessing he must be from Louisiana?
                            Canada, actually. Saskatoon or something.

Comment

Working...
                            X