Reminiscing on the days of yore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminiscing on the days of yore...

I do believe I have been posting on this board for 20 years now - under the same name - (with a few hiatuses ). It's a modern miracle I am still here today.

I believe it was '99 when I first matriculated to ShockerNet from Glassrattler. During the transition I was a big fan of the Shockers as well as the Thunder. I actually met most of the main Glassrattler trolls in person at a Thunder game. It was a delightful affair. Can't believe I still haven't met most of the ShockerNet trolls in person. Oh well.
    Eventually I lost interest in the Thunder as the violence was curbed more and more. What the hell is the point of a hockey game without fighting?

Fun fact: My profile name was actually derived from being a hockey fan, not an arsehole. The arsehole part developed organically. Soon after Al Gore invented the Internet, I quickly discovered my purpose on sports message boards.

So my traditional years at WSU were in the 90's and I went back in the 00's for additional edubucation. I am well versed in economic theory thanks to the finest business school in Kansas. Unfortunately I graduated just a couple pints short of Magna Cum Laude. Oh well...

Just reminiscing about the good old days. Seems there were a lot more trolls back then. WuDrWu, ShockRef, DaShox, ISASO used to be pretty nasty. Nothing but a few whimpers heard now. Maybe all victims of Low-T?

I'm like an aging thoroughbred wandering in the pasture with a bum leg, knotted mane, and early signs of dementia. There are a couple Internet tough guy medals hanging by a nail on my stable door but that's it. It's the glue factory for me soon enough.

Totally random reminiscence: I attended the Xavier McDaniel basketball camp as a whippersnapper and have a picture sitting right next to The Man.

T

I gotta say though... that inaugural year in the AAC on the CSNBBS board was VERY fun. It was nice to dust off the old Samurai sword after what must have been an almost 10 year hibernation period (since ValleyTalk). That board had serious promise. Maybe squeezed the grapes a little too hard straight out of the gate but whine was certainly made.

Gotta send a shout out to Play Angry (the poster not our strangely absent mindset); that ol' boy made me ROLL on the CSN board. Very talented. I miss reading your creatively maligned thoughts.

T

Comment

Hey buddy, you ok? Health Good? You no longer get banned every other month and now your talking about hanging your "stud" key on a rusty nail.

Comment

I remember when this board wasn't full of snowflakes who reside under a pile of panties, otherwise, my very close friend KC Shox would still be a valuable contributor to this board.

Comment

Love you, Cold. You have a friend in me.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Hey buddy, you ok? Health Good? You no longer get banned every other month and now your talking about hanging your "stud" key on a rusty nail.
            I am under the custodial care of Kung Wu. He keeps the old stud barn freshly stocked with hay. Myself and the others don't cause much of a ruckus. We have been known to slip out of the barn at night a time or two during full moons tho.

T

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
              Love you, Cold. You have a friend in me.

T

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                I remember when this board wasn't full of snowflakes who reside under a pile of panties, otherwise, my very close friend KC Shox would still be a valuable contributor to this board.
                I've read this a couple times and cannot determine a single downside to residing under a pile of panties...

Death to the Snowflakes tho!

T

Comment

You were a Thunder fan?

Now it all makes sense.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    You were a Thunder fan?

Now it all makes sense.
                    And a NJ Devil's fan back in the day. Scott Stevens is my hero. He is the ultimate hero. Fred and Ron had a little Scott Stevens in them.

P.S. I played a little ice hockey myself.

T

Comment

oh the days of glass rattler.. back when hockey was fun to watch. like it’s a bunch of bitches now. drop the damn gloves every once in a while...please.

Comment

Last time I went to a Thunder game, I left early...unbelievably boring. Hockey should NEVER be boring.

Comment

The original MVC forum in 1997 or so was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                            Last time I went to a Thunder game, I left early...unbelievably boring. Hockey should NEVER be boring.
                            Hockey tried to get ahead of the PC movement; "We don't want to bring our children to see such violence!!111"

Well... then don't bring them to a hockey game you helicoptering mofo's! How's your kid doing these days btw? Probably burning a couple flags or twitching in a designated SAFE ZONE!! The "hockey reformation" started about 10 years ago...

T

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              The original MVC forum in 1997 or so was a lot of fun.
                              I just missed that era. What was the guy's name again that caused so much trouble? I was accused of being that person many times when I came on board.

What if Royal had saved a few of the threads from those days? That would be interesting...

T

Comment

Working...
                              X