Wichita State vs. Texas Southern Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    It was the second game of the season with an incredibly young team and we were without 2 of our top 4 players. We won a game where we missed 21 straight shots. Some of you guys need to calm down lol. Ugly game, but they showed grit and pulled out an ugly win.
    You're right. I bet Marshall was really pleased

Comment

• Bob Hull mentioned Texas Southern was reminiscent of those early 2000 SIU teams. Couldn’t agree more. I imagine that SDSU game doesn’t really reflect how they’ll end up. I kept waiting for them to wear down in the second half, and for shots to open up a bit, but it never really came. They were a big pain in the ass like those SIU teams. The fact we’re still so young, with key players injured and one of Southern’s assistants being under Marshall for a few years, it really makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You're right. I bet Marshall was really pleased
        I’m sure he was glad to win the game. Can’t imagine he was super happy with the way the team played on offense. Doubt he’s making a bunch of melodramatic statements about the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Felt like a vent was blowing AC directly on us; could have hung meat in Koch today.
          Eric Stevenson did "let em hang"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Agreed on the temperature thing. Why was it so cool in the arena today?
            I think it was just radiating from the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Bob Hull mentioned Texas Southern was reminiscent of those early 2000 SIU teams. Couldn’t agree more. I imagine that SDSU game doesn’t really reflect how they’ll end up. I kept waiting for them to wear down in the second half, and for shots to open up a bit, but it never really came. They were a big pain in the ass like those SIU teams. The fact we’re still so young, with key players injured and one of Southern’s assistants being under Marshall for a few years, it really makes sense.
              I thought it was great comp also. First to 60 game all the way.

Comment

• I rewatched the first half. I exclusively focused on Sherfield and Fernandes. Sherfield has the atomic bomb and I misread to Erik that ended up being TOs. Otherwise, I thought they played better than freshman should play. They facilitated and didn’t create, so overall grade on PG play was a B- from me.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Watching TS play it looked like they were all tough as nails and looked well coached. They were a scrappy team. Just lucky that they turned the ball over and fouled often And didn't hit a high percentage of the free throws they shot. Had an opportunity to talk to Bob Hull today and he said that the players for Southern were for the most part grown men from other programs with a lot of experience. Ewing was a Sr from Purdue and had 18 points and 6 rebounds and Jones is from Nevada and scored 11 points and had 4 rebounds.

Comment

• Others on the team were formerly at UMass, Miss St, & A&M.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Watching TS play it looked like they were all tough as nails and looked well coached. They were a scrappy team. Just lucky that they turned the ball over and fouled often And didn't hit a high percentage of the free throws they shot. Had an opportunity to talk to Bob Hull today and he said that the players for Southern were for the most part grown men from other programs with a lot of experience. Ewing was a Sr from Purdue and had 18 points and 6 rebounds and Jones is from Nevada and scored 11 points and had 4 rebounds.
                      Unranked San Diego St., lead TX Southern 43-18 at halftime and ended up winning by 35. SDSU is picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain West so maybe they're a better team than us, but 35 points over TXSO better? Oh well, it looks like this team will blossom later in the year again. I just hope I'm wrong again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

Unranked San Diego St., lead TX Southern 43-18 at halftime and ended up winning by 35. SDSU is picked to finish 2nd in the Mountain West so maybe they're a better team than us, but 35 points over TXSO better? Oh well, it looks like this team will blossom later in the year again. I just hope I'm wrong again.
                        Teams have good games and bad games, can't judge teams like that.

Comment

We missed a bunch of shots we should have made, and a bunch fouls weren’t called. If we shoot 45% in the first half, we win by 35.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

If history is any guide we can all rest comfortably that you will be wrong.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/funschelle18/status/1193389202152538112?s=21

lol

lol II
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X