Wichita State vs. Texas Southern Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Shocks!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Good thing Wiseman might be out this season or he'd have a field day with our bigs. If TSU is rejecting our guys, after watching Wiseman play last night, I don't know if our guys would even be able to get a shot off.

Comment

Unfortunately, this one is looking like a grind it out til the end type of game. We have just looked all out of sorts all game. Credit some of that to TSU. Two starters from last year being hurt doesnt help.

Comment

Get the easy win and most importantly, stay injury free and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
            Get the easy win and most importantly, stay injury free and move on.
            Easy win? Are you sure you're watching the Wichita State game?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

And now we can't get stops. Man these guys are frustrating right now.

Comment

Up 5 with 3:47 to go. Play solid defense and hit free throws.

Comment

it is so frustrating watching the attempts at an inside game

Comment

The good news is that this is the type of game we’ve certainly lost before.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post
                      Good thing Wiseman might be out this season or he'd have a field day with our bigs. If TSU is rejecting our guys, after watching Wiseman play last night, I don't know if our guys would even be able to get a shot off.
                      That's not a good thing, we need Memphis to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Totally agree, but after watching our bigs today Wiseman would eat them for dinner.

Comment

This one isn't going to look just like a 20-point win by February.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

How about good for our big men, bad for the league and WSU as a whole.

Comment

Hopefully TSU can win some of those games against Oregon, Nevada, Texas A&M and Gonzaga. Then this game won't feel as horrible.

The good take aways are that Sherfield, even though he looked and played like a freshman this game, he is going to be really good. DD had some drives and kind of pull ups late in the game, which was not his strength. And ES, even though he went 6/18 and 1/7, from 3, he had a good final 5-7 min and was ice from the free throw line.

The bad: still shooting like last year. This year they are just better shots. Hopefully as the younger players settle in the shooting % goes up. Also the bigs did not look good, especially on offense. If Texas Southern is going to block our big men (8 blocks) then AAC bigs are going to be sending their shots into the 12th row.

I'm new posting but I've been reading posts for six years, so before some want to jump on me and prove me wrong: obviously it is early and I have faith that Marshall and staff will develop these players. I have not felt this good about underclassmen since I started watching WSU basketball in 2002.

Comment

Two games in against teams that will finish 150th plus in the NET rankings, and we look like we belong with them. Shooting 30% from the field (42 of 137 FGs) and 29% from 3 (14 of 47), against crappy teams AT home is very uninspiring. Is losing JE really that disruptive to this squad?

I'm praying that my conspiracy theory that HCGM is 'sandbagging' until we meet good competition in order to hide what's up his sleeve is what's going on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X