WIFI at Koch Still Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do we really set the bar at the Missouri Valley level?

It can be done. It’s a matter of caring enough to do it. After nearly a decade of putting up with this, it appears the athletic department doesn’t really care, as long as they are cashing in those promo checks.

Maybe there’s something in the contracts that makes internet inadequate which forces masses to watch a mindless promo.
    He made an exceptionally unreasonable comparison with no validity. I called it out.

I agree that either someone doesn't care or doesn't have the budget to address the situation.

I recommend one of the irritated nerds on here spearhead the effort. WSU generally puts out top-level athletics. WSU does not have top-level athletic department funding, staffing numbers, etc. It is what it is.

Comment

ShockerFever, SHOCKvalue and I co-authored this under pseudonyms:

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Some of those geomapping/smart stadium things mentioned would be GREAT projects for students to work on and gain some experience. I would be OK with such helper things being a bit on the glitchy side if I knew it was helping students hone their skills.

In this day and age, making reliable wifi available should be a no brainer to get done, I'm guessing cost has to be the thing in the way right now. But considering what we pay for tickets, my expectations are equal to the relative high cost.

As for the concessions, I went to an event in Altanta at MB Stadium. Not only did they have the stated list of relatively inexpensive items (and more expensive premium ones too), but the sodas were refillable! All they handed you was the empty cup. And by keeping concession prices down, and making the customer happier, said customers are more likely to drop $$$ on other things like souvenirs.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I wonder if they quit messing with wifi and just put cell phone repeaters for the public. The cell service seems much better now than the wifi ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            I wonder if they quit messing with wifi and just put cell phone repeaters for the public. The cell service seems much better now than the wifi ever was.
            That would definitely be adding multiple zeros over the upfront price tag of a wifi solution. Would be interesting to look at it from a long term perspective with 5G coming out though.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              In the football stadiums without WiFi, the cellular providers upped the capacity which obviously is a smart move to entice customers to use more data.

Comment

So I tried a little experiment based on an article I read. I turned off my LTE data on my phone and went with straight 3G thinking less traffic. Lo and behold it worked. No issues with slow or stalled loads at all. Yes we still need WiFi but at least now I can follow Twitter and look at the game stats.
                Last edited by shoxlax; November 11, 2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  So I tried a little experiment based on an article I read. I turned off my LTE data on my phone and went with straight 3G thinking less traffic. Lo and behold it worked. No issues with slow or stalled loads at all. Yes we still need WiFi but at least now I can follow Twitter and look at the game stats.
                  Who needs game stats when you can tabulate them in your head, or stare at the scoreboard for the entire halftime waiting for them to show up for 7.5 seconds between garbled commercials? Pffft... go to Panera you non-hardcore fan!

Seriously though... foul replays have shown back up in CKA. Anyone notice that? Score one (just one) for the WSU AD.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Who needs game stats when you can tabulate them in your head, or stare at the scoreboard for the entire halftime waiting for them to show up for 7.5 seconds between garbled commercials? Pffft... go to Panera you non-hardcore fan!

Seriously though... foul replays have shown back up in CKA. Anyone notice that? Score one (just one) for the WSU AD.
                    you say that, but you should see the cat-fight over the halftime stat sheet that is printed and placed in the saso room and the champions club. i've never seen little old ladies and men go nuts for stats.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I’ve noticed several times the wrong players are on the scoreboard compared to what is actually on the floor.

Comment

I can be like the 100 yr old guy at the NBC tournament a few years ago and start bringing a basketball scorebook with me.

Comment

Is it me, or are there a lot of new grey boxes of antennas around the arena now?
                          The Assman

Comment

Do they do anything?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

It feels A LOT better
                              The Assman

Comment

Right now I have the same problem with Koch. Is it solvable anyway? Maybe the problem is with my Wi-Fi or my smartphone, I dunno. I should ask my brother, I guess. He's a smart guy. He works as a Cisco certified engineer in one big company. It seems strange, but he used help from these https://cciedump.spoto.net/ guys when he passed Cisco exams. I think it was some kind of insurance for him or something. Because he's clever enough to work as an actual network engineer.
                                Last edited by ImmortalOne; August 11, 2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X