WIFI at Koch Still Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIFI at Koch Still Sucks

Seriously WTF? The only arena in the nation without serviceable WIFI. Data connect from phone is slow or halted most of the game as well.

Its not that I want to stay on my phone all game but would like to read TE’s tweet coverage, look at stats and read what you guys are bitching about once in a while.

This is below low majorish level.

Pay for a halfway decent phone service and you won't have that problem.

Comment

have a staff that listens to what the fans want in a game experience and we would have at least s respectable system. i know nobody wants to hear it, but my sporting kc season tickets dropped $50 per ticket (approx 10%), yet they are going to spend more money upgrading their wifi and mobile concession ordering app AGAIN.. i thought it worked fine before, but they wanted better.

sure is nice to be able to catch stats and entertain myself at halftime... and not have to wait in line for a beer.

wichita state has access to engineering interns most likely at no cost.. i don't get it.

Comment

Anecdotal evidence but my cell service works great in Koch. And I’m on T-Mobile. Depends on who you talk to if you consider them half way decent.

Comment

I have Verizon with unlimited LTE data running on IOS 13.2 and sit within 10 feet of an exit. Shouldn’t be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
            have a staff that listens to what the fans want in a game experience and we would have at least s respectable system. i know nobody wants to hear it, but my sporting kc season tickets dropped $50 per ticket (approx 10%), yet they are going to spend more money upgrading their wifi and mobile concession ordering app AGAIN.. i thought it worked fine before, but they wanted better.

sure is nice to be able to catch stats and entertain myself at halftime... and not have to wait in line for a beer.

wichita state has access to engineering interns most likely at no cost.. i don't get it.
            Not just interns.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

Remember that basketball has to support nearly all other athletics on campus.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Remember that basketball has to support nearly all other athletics on campus.

then they had better take care of their customers! in all seriousness, they could work it as a trade... put in good wifi, and the university trades sponsor spots.

Comment

I can understand the need for high quality WiFi if I was forced to watch soccer anywhere, Shocker MBB, not a real need for such a distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                    I can understand the need for high quality WiFi if I was forced to watch soccer anywhere, Shocker MBB, not a real need for such a distraction.
                    I think it is a valid complaint. There are lulls even at Shocker basketball games including pre-game, timeouts and halftime. If wasn't important at all why have any WiFi. WSU must think it is important enough to try to deliver WiFi. Now why they have difficulty delivery quality WiFi I would not have a clue. Maybe there are valid reasons for that. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think it is a valid complaint. There are lulls even at Shocker basketball games including pre-game, timeouts and halftime. If wasn't important at all why have any WiFi. WSU must think it is important enough to try to deliver WiFi. Now why they have difficulty delivery quality WiFi I would not have a clue. Maybe there are valid reasons for that. Maybe not.
                      To be honest, I consider soccer one continuous lull and I use cellular data at WSU MBB games instead of messing with WiFi.

Comment

When does AAC cash flow start kicking in? I know we had to forfeit a bunch and pony up some as well for membership. Maybe we're a bit stretched at this point in time.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I think I saw this being employed in my section:
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

My wifi works in the arena, not in the concourse....:)

Comment

I switch WiFi off and get a serviceable LTE data connection. I watch stats on GoShockers.com and a little social media during games. Bandwidth is the issue and the previous vendor couldn't figure it out. I noticed a little lag during halftime but so what.

​​​​​​It certainly doesn't affect my in-game experience. I don't need to stream a game or movie while in my seat at games.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                              X