Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by SekShocker
    I guess you know it is bad when the refs can't even agree on the same play and the one with the better look doesn't stick to his guns and lets himself get overruled.
    Yeah, what's up with that?

Call what you see and see what you call!
    The correct call was made on that and the guy that reported the foul was the one who should have made the call. It was his to make and he did it right.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Bring on the Bulldogs. They've had a great pre-season, but I think the Shox are better than the teams DU has been beating up.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• A nice win. The team is getting better -- I can't ask for anything more.

BTW -- for you people in Wichita. Great turn out!! My buddy told me the weather was really bad -- 8K ish in attendance is a wonderful number.

Comment

• Props to the people that braved the weather and made it to the game and a nice game by the shocks even though the refs seemed to suck.

Comment

• Sub,
            I did not see the game or the call. It sounds like the dreaded 'Blarge' call. Who made it and which official (position) took the call? Thanks. 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
              Sub,
              I did not see the game or the call. It sounds like the dreaded 'Blarge' call. Who made it and which official (position) took the call? Thanks. 8)
              The play came from the wing and I think it was actually the C who was on that side and made the blocking call. The Lead was maybe rotating over and was gonna come with a charge but yielded to the primary. Had the C not signaled when he blew the whistle it may have ended up going the other way 'cause Lead was coming out ready to fire.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I would have been there regardless of weather but had to do the "family" thing with my in-laws tonight. I listened the whole time though!!! Wish I could have been there.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Originally posted by ShockRef
                  Sub,
                  The play came from the wing and I think it was actually the C who was on that side and made the blocking call. The Lead was maybe rotating over and was gonna come with a charge but yielded to the primary. Had the C not signaled when he blew the whistle it may have ended up going the other way 'cause Lead was coming out ready to fire.
                  It's the 'C' call all the way. Until the lead completes the rotation and accepts the match up, it remains with the 'C'. It's another reason the 'C' holds on the rotation before taking the trail position. Thanks for the info. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Dammit! Lose to T-A and UMKC and beat LSU and UAB. If we won those two previous games we might be looking at an at large birth. I can't believe how well we did these last 2 games guys, fantastic. It gives me great confidence that we are going to be serious Valley contenders.

Looking forward to the MVC schedule, we are def gonna make some noise.

Comment

• It really does appear that maybe this team is on to something and finding themselves. If we continue to play like this we'll definitely compete in the Valley.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Yep

Is it a stretch that LSU and UAB would finish in the top 4 of the Valley? I certainly don't think so. As always, we HAVE to take care of bidness on the road against the have nots, we did not do this last year. Take care of it on the road and play like we have been I have no doubt we can be right in the thick of things in Valley play.

Comment

• From the post-game interview with Marshall, Hatch was brought in ahead of Butler when there were foul troubles at the 3/4 spots.

I have tremendous respect for Butler. He busted his butt to be able to be with the team this year, but if Hatch is in front of him in the rotation at 3/4, that's not a good sign for Butler's future at WSU.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The bottom line is – this team has to play hard every single night against all opponents. They don’t have the talent to take a night off. I think they are starting to understand that fact. That is a good sign. Well a “new” season begins now – Happy Holidays everyone.

Comment

• Maggie,

You need to bump up your # of posts. Glad to hear your point of view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                                From the post-game interview with Marshall, Hatch was brought in ahead of Butler when there were foul troubles at the 3/4 spots.

I have tremendous respect for Butler. He busted his butt to be able to be with the team this year, but if Hatch is in front of him in the rotation at 3/4, that's not a good sign for Butler's future at WSU.
                                I was happy that Butler earned a second chance and I have always been in the kid’s corner. But his reluctance to come back after the injury has really hurt his chances with this team.

Given the circumstances I thought we might see him in the LSU game and with the foul trouble I thought he might see a few minutes tonight. His absence in both games says a lot to me – either he is still not ready or even if he is CGM has determined that his teammates have passed him by. I hate to say it but it could be too late for Butler.

Comment

Working...
                                X