No announcement yet.

2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, it’s traditional for the Duke students to chant “come sit with us,” if an opposing coach or player was previously with Duke. So, since Coach Capel played at, and then was an assistant at Duke, they were chanting at him. Coach K might need to switch to decaf or something.

Comment

• And now, a second OT for Auburn/ Ole Miss.

Comment

• Ole Miss is truly dreadful.

#Q2win
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Ole Miss is truly dreadful.

#Q2win
          Yep. But that's also true for all the other great teams, like Auburn, claiming them as part of their resume.

Comment

• Tony Bennett must be a terrible coach like Marshall. Not fouling up 3 at the end. What a moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Yep. But that's also true for all the other great teams, like Auburn, claiming them as part of their resume.
              And they aren't one of our Q2 wins.

Comment

I certainly wouldn't put Auburn up there as "great". They too have been elevated by a lackluster resume. In fact, their non-con is horrible.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I certainly wouldn't put Auburn up there as "great". They too have been elevated by a lackluster resume. In fact, their non-con is horrible.
                  I think this is kindof the point though. You gotta get to 36 at large teams. If Auburn and WSU aren't currently in that list, I'd like to see the list. There's a difference between 'one of the best this year' and 'the most awesome ever.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And they aren't one of our Q2 wins.
                    So one of the best non-con resumes in the country is propped by 4 Q2 games: home wins over OU and VCU, a neutral win against South Carolina, and a road win at Big 12 winless Oklahoma State.

Huge.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Road wins over winless OSU and home wins over OU is how the Big12 is going to get 7-8 teams in the tournament.

Kindof a good way to look at it, really. We played a P5 conference season in the non-con. We did more with it than a lot of those teams will within their own leagues.

Comment

I think this is kindof the point though. You gotta get to 36 at large teams. If Auburn and WSU aren't currently in that list, I'd like to see the list. There's a difference between 'one of the best this year' and 'the most awesome ever.'
                        I never said WSU isn't at-large quality. At-large quality combines a lot more things than just a non-con resume. The whole point that has been lambasted for multiple days now is that someone claimed we had one of the best non-con resumes in the country, which is quite laughably false. I never stated anything about our at-large resume as a whole, but only if we were to venture around the bubble, we don't have as much non-con clout as we thought we were gonna have going into the year. Am I really out of line and "idiotic" for saying that?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No doubt. The NET is where it’s at!!

You should try watching one of their games sometime. Beautiful basketball.
                          Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but the NET is actually where it is at when it comes to how teams are evaluated nowadays. Like it or not.

Have seen several big ten games this year. Thank you. While not the most attractive style, it is effective and they will likely get 10-11 teams in the tourney.

Comment

Road wins over winless OSU and home wins over OU is how the Big12 is going to get 7-8 teams in the tournament.

Kindof a good way to look at it, really. We played a P5 conference season in the non-con. We did more with it than a lot of those teams will within their own leagues.
                            lol what? The Big 12 isn't getting 7 or 8 teams into the tourney. You're being slightly disingenuous here. I hate the Big 12 as much as anybody and they underperform in the tourney more than anybody, but don't go overboard with the hyperbole.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I guess I didn't read all the discussions, just saw some of the posts. To me, a lot of it comes down to how you define 'one of the best.' Top 5? Top 25? Top 36?

Definitely not in the first. Definitely in the other two.

The OU/OSU thing is an example. Replace with whatever conference bottom-dwellars you like. Beating teams like that is how leagues like B10/B12/ACC get 8 teams in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but the NET is actually where it is at when it comes to how teams are evaluated nowadays. Like it or not.

Have seen several big ten games this year. Thank you. While not the most attractive style, it is effective and they will likely get 10-11 teams in the tourney.
                                The NET is simply a tool used to evaluate at-large inclusion. It's certainly not the sole factor in determining who gets in or not. That has been repeated by the tournament committee over and over again.

It's ridiculous that people are including Ohio State and Michigan in these brackets. They are both getting thrashed in conference play. If the committee starts admitting teams with 12 conference losses into the field, then it's best for everybody to just give up on deciding who's the best.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X