2019-20 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
    I think Evansville stopped at WalMart on the way home to get a dry shirt, pants, underwear, socks, maybe a new pair of shoes for Coach just to get him home. He was SOAKING WET in the locker room post game.
    Ew. TMI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think he finally broke 30% from 3 for the year now!
      I’m not sure we should be making fun of anybody’s shooting percentages.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think Evansville stopped at WalMart on the way home to get a dry shirt, pants, underwear, socks, maybe a new pair of shoes for Coach just to get him home. He was SOAKING WET in the locker room post game.
        Could you imagine if Marty was still there?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The thing that irritates me, however, is that instead of big media and pundits around the NCAA celebrating what an amazing win that was for Evansville, they're already back on the defensive.
          "Its early in the season - by March, this will not be the same Kentucky team."

That's ballderdash! Not the word I want to use. but it begins with "B" and almost rhymes with "Horsespit". Let's downplay Evansville and really try and build Kentucky back up. We may have to change it, so that when we determine seedings in March, we don't count early season games against the team if it might harm their seeding in the tourney. Even more evidence pointing to the fact that NOBODY needs to be ranked in this sport until (maybe) mid-December.
          agree with the use of balderdash.... Evansville played a great/smart game...give THEM the credit...

Comment

• Not normally a fan of Calipari but he owned it that the Aces played better and were better prepared...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

In those 35 minutes he also had 1 rebound, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks and 3 turnovers.

Who'd we get with that scholarship? Dex?
              Dex committed the same day or the day after Austin announced his transfer.

Austin - 17 ppg on 14 shots, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 2.7 TO per game
              Dex - 18 ppg on 11.5 shots, 8 rpg, 1 apg, 1 TO per game

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m not sure we should be making fun of anybody’s shooting percentages.
                Even with how horrible we have shot we still have 3 people near or better than Austin's 3 pt percentage .. that's kinda my point. Dex (50%), Wade (43%), and Etienne (30%)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Could you imagine if Marty was still there?
                  He got SOAKING WET when he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He got SOAKING WET when he lost.
                    Sean Miller wet?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

In those 35 minutes he also had 1 rebound, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks and 3 turnovers.

Who'd we get with that scholarship? Dex?
                      Austin is a one-trick pony. He will shoot shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more. No defense, no sense of running the offense and getting others involved. I'll take a complete player like Dex any day and probably at least 5 others on the Shox current roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Austin is a one-trick pony. He will shoot shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more. No defense, no sense of running the offense and getting others involved. I'll take a complete player like Dex any day and probably at least 5 others on the Shox current roster.
                        If that's really your opinion, then I'm very thankful you are not part of our coaching staff.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Kentucky won't be completely Evansvilled until Evansville loses to IU Kokomo on Thursday. Only then will they truly experience what it was like for us all those years.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            Not normally a fan of Calipari but he owned it that the Aces played better and were better prepared...
                            Some people think that Calipari is an ass, but I think he generally keeps it real. He was always complimentary of WSU and even said that our 2014 game should have been an Elite 8 game. I remember the year before when Kentucky played in the NIT, he was almost glad that his squad lost to Robert Morris. He said something to the effect of, "With as well as Robert Morris played, it would have been a real shame if we would have pulled out the win. They deserved it."

Don't get me wrong. I chuckled as much as anyone when I saw that Kentucky lost, but I don't hate Calipari. My wife, who calls Calipari "a crybaby who pouts until he gets his way," does not share those feelings.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I was not going to comment further regards Austin; however, given what appears to me to be uniformed posts by some Shockernetters,note Austin's numbers include two games against D! schools Oregon State and Minnesota. Additionally, Lonnie Kruger appears to appreciate Austin as he leads the team in minutes played.
                              PLAYER GP MIN FG% 3PT% FT% OREB DREB REB AST T0 PF STL BLK PTS
                              REEVES 3 36.7 0.415 0.333 0.714 0.0 4.3 4.3 2.3 2.7 1.0 0.7 0.0 17.0
                              DD 2 37.0 0.478 0.500 0.70 1.5 6.5 8.0 1.0 1.0 1.5 0.5 1.5 18.0
                              ES 2 26.0 0.296 0.10 0.818 0.5 3.5 4.0 1.5 0.5 2.5 1.0 1.0 13.0
                              JB 1 5 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                              GS 2 31.5 0.333 0.0 0.785 0.0 2.0 2.0 3.0 1.5 1.5 2.0 0.0 12.5
                              TE 2 16.5 0.230 0.300 0.500 0.0 1.0 1.0 1.5 1.0 0.5 2.0 0.0 5.0
                              Edit - Apologies for the collapsed Table, I don't know why this happened. My take away is that AR is likely to light-up the Shockers this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Tough night for the Fighting Chris Jans' as they took a page out of the WSU weekend playbook and shot 36% FG 23% 3FG and 18% FT and dropped a 50-65 decision at rival UTEP.
                                its early but i’m not worries about coach jans and his team. i am about ours however.. just look at the strength of schedule-adjusted stats. heres to hoping for a quick turnaround.

Comment

Working...
                                X