No announcement yet.

2019-20 Annual "Redshirt" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that votes for Grant or Tyson should run, not walk, to the nearest professional psychiatrist. In fact, it may require a team, working 'round the clock, for weeks if not months to help.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Anyone that votes for Grant or Tyson should run, not walk, to the nearest professional psychiatrist. In fact, it may require a team, working 'round the clock, for weeks if not months to help.
      It's probably not a matter of "if", but "when" either force their way into the starting lineup.
      The Assman

Comment

I voted for NF and for Bilau.

NF primarily because of his foot.

Bilau because while his athleticism and BBIQ during the exhibition blew us away, he will still struggle for minutes behind the other posts. You can't let a specimen like this blow a year of eligibility. Redshirt him, let him learn and get better this year against his teammates, and then unleash our secret weapon against competition next year.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I voted for no redshirts; probably influenced by my military background - smokem while you gottem!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I voted for NF and for Bilau.

NF primarily because of his foot.

Bilau because while his athleticism and BBIQ during the exhibition blew us away, he will still struggle for minutes behind the other posts. You can't let a specimen like this blow a year of eligibility. Redshirt him, let him learn and get better this year against his teammates, and then unleash our secret weapon against competition next year.
            Let’s say hypothetically Bilau improves so much that he turns pro after his sophomore year. I would rather see him contribute what he can in limited minutes his freshman year than sit unavailable on the bench.
            Last edited by pie n eye; October 31, 2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              I voted for no redshirts; probably influenced by my military background - smokem while you gottem!
              Use all tools in the drawer and have all bullets in the gun.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Let’s say hypothetically Bilau is going to improve so much that he will turn pro after his sophomore year. I would rather see him contribute what he can in limited minutes his freshman year rather than sit unavailable on the bench.
                … and coach will continue to shave... he doesn't want to look like a bum.

"We've only just begun..."
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

How does that coach's decision effect that player if he chooses to transfer? I guess he burns a year of eligibility either way by not playing or RS then has to set out a year without a RS if transfers. Of course, if he stays, he still has 4 years of eligibility.
                  If you don’t play you get the redshirt regardless of who’s decision it is. You would have four years of eligibility left to complete in four years, unless you graduate, then you can play one more.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    JoBoo only had a few minutes last night, but he never looked lost last night
                    I don’t know if this showed on tv but I was at the game and there was a point in the game where he was so lost in their press that dang near all the bench was yelling to him where he needed to be.

Comment

I definitely missed that
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

If you don’t play you get the redshirt regardless of who’s decision it is. You would have four years of eligibility left to complete in four years, unless you graduate, then you can play one more.
                        Does the player not need to set out a year if he transfers at the end of the season or does the RS with the current team count as him setting out?

Comment

Has to sit out...except now they tend to allow immediate eligibility
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Fernandez is in an interesting situation. He's missed a lot of practice - and he's seen what Sherfield can do at PG. Taking the RS would put him a year behind Sherfield, and give Sherfield enough time to move Burton out of PG and put him in as the backup for DD at SF.

So, lay out a year, become the primary backup for 3 years (maybe less if Sherfield progresses), but lose a year or go JuCo if playing behind Sherfield makes him want more PT at another school.

It would suck to miss a lot of practice and then see another guy just absolutely excelling at your position.

One on the AAC board who knows about Sherfield and watched the exhibition is predicting Sherfield will make an all-conference team and be named the #2 Fr, if he takes Burton's spot in the starting lineup soon enough. Compares him to Rob Gray as a Jr.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Fernandez is in an interesting situation. He's missed a lot of practice - and he's seen what Sherfield can do at PG. Taking the RS would put him a year behind Sherfield, and give Sherfield enough time to move Burton out of PG and put him in as the backup for DD at SF.

So, lay out a year, become the primary backup for 3 years (maybe less if Sherfield progresses), but lose a year or go JuCo if playing behind Sherfield makes him want more PT at another school.

It would suck to miss a lot of practice and then see another guy just absolutely excelling at your position.

One on the AAC board who knows about Sherfield and watched the exhibition is predicting Sherfield will make an all-conference team and be named the #2 Fr, if he takes Burton's spot in the starting lineup soon enough. Compares him to Rob Gray as a Jr.
                              At this stage, much more level headed than Gray (as a senior).

Comment

What if Noah is even better than Sherfield?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X