2019-20 Nominations: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Wow. He actually tries to hit him in the nuts before he steps on him. What a delta bravo.
    Ya and I am not sure why he was so bent, his own teammate was the one who knocked him in to his leg. Total punk move.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      Just for the record, we got three nominees last night:

And then of course we got,

#3. Kansas State at Kansas and their version of "Musical Chairs:

I assume we have a new leader in the clubhouse, heh?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Well written...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Nice letter written by the KU PR department!

Comment

• They even edited his twitter post. It originally said "please read this to me."

Comment

• I got my hands on the original letter before the KWho legal department changed it:

EO7hhS8X4AAsViW_LI.jpg

Comment

• This is written very well ... who wrote it?

Comment

• The part where he says " he put the Kansas reputation at stake. " What reputation would that be?. Most people I know that aren't drinking Jayhawk Koolaid think the program is a win at all costs , cheating enterprise, that recruits some players of pretty questionable character from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                      This is written very well ... who wrote it?

It's a little TOO good. Corporate must
                      have sent in a professional.

Comment

• as Stickboy46 pointed out:

I think this year, we are going to have to have multiple categories for all the nominees, i.e.,

Best Assault by a Leading Player
                        Best Assault by a Supporting Bench Player
                        Best Historical Loss
                        Best Chicka Bow Wow by a Head Coach

Achievement In Uniform Modification (i.,e., those stupid rolled up shorts)
                        Achievement in Hair-styling (can we all agree the "manbun" needs to be banned?)
                        Achievement in Music with a Rap Musician while using a money-gun

Any others?

Comment

as Stickboy46 pointed out:

I think this year, we are going to have to have multiple categories for all the nominees, i.e.,

Best Historical Loss

Any others?
                          Hats off to you, Reaper. That's very creative, interesting, and just plain old GOOD!
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
                            The part where he says " he put the Kansas reputation at stake. " What reputation would that be?. Most people I know that aren't drinking Jayhawk Koolaid think the program is a win at all costs , cheating enterprise, that recruits some players of pretty questionable character from time to time.
                            Is every year and sometimes multiple times in every year considered "from time to time"

Comment

as Stickboy46 pointed out:

Best Historical Loss

Any others?
                              Best “Go on take the money and run” award...Wiseman is the leader thus far...

Comment

Just for the record, we got three nominees last night:

#1. Courtesy of MelvinLoudermilk

Alan Griffin is ejected from the game after stepping on Sasha Stefanovic while he was down on the court in the paint.

Illinois guard Alan Griffin was ejected from Tuesday night's game against Purdue after stepping on the chest of Boilermakers guard Sasha Stefanovic.Stefanovic drove to the basket and converted an off-balance drive, falling to the court in the process. Griffin stepped on Stefanovic's chest as he turned to go back up court. Officials reviewed the play and hit Griffin with a flagrant foul 2 and automatic ejection.
                                "We don't condone that," Illinois coach Brad Underwood told reporters after the game. "It's not part of anything we're trying to do with our program."

An interesting side not on this is that Alan Griffin is the son of Adrian Griffin who grew up in Wichita and played at Wichita East before moving on to Seton Hall, the NBA and now assistant for the Toronto Raptors. He also has a daughter that plays for UCONN and another son, class of 2021 that is 5 star shooting guard that has committed to Duke.

Comment

Working...
                                X