No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancel everything...Churches, grocery stores, gas stations, bingo parlors.... anywhere that people can possibly congregate... stay in your home, close the blinds, don't go outside for any reason.
    Coronavirus is just like the scene in 10 Commandments where all 1st born will be taken by the red fog....It's coming to get you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Ok, maybe spread some goat blood on your doors.... yea, that will do it.
    The media has spread this mass hysteria and is loving the attention.

The panic being created is beyond absurd, but once again politics and litigation fuel the fire.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      Who would have ever thought this could happen a week ago? Is March Madness next?
      If we don't hear of it's cancellation or suspension by mid-afternoon I will be shocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
        Cancel everything...Churches, grocery stores, gas stations, bingo parlors.... anywhere that people can possibly congregate... stay in your home, close the blinds, don't go outside for any reason.
        Coronavirus is just like the scene in 10 Commandments where all 1st born will be taken by the red fog....It's coming to get you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Ok, maybe spread some goat blood on your doors.... yea, that will do it.

The panic being created is beyond absurd, but once again politics and litigation fuel the fire.

That is all.
        I wish I could like this post a thousand times
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Hopefully they allow redshirt years if a player wants to come back to school for an extra year.

Comment

• Is all of this an overreaction? Probably. So what? I’d rather have the overreaction, than to try and guess what the bare ass minimum response should be and guess wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Is all of this an overreaction? Probably. So what? I’d rather have the overreaction, than to try and guess what the bare ass minimum response should be and guess wrong.
              Not speaking about just the sports cancellations. I realize cancelling this stuff is not dangerous.

HOWEVER, overreaction can be as dangerous, if not more dangerous, than under reaction. Just waiting for the rioting and looting in the streets at this point.....lol
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hopefully they allow redshirt years if a player wants to come back to school for an extra year.
                That would be nice but it would also create other problems unless you make the scholarships not count against the total. If they still count against the 13 someone else has to lose their's.

Even then what about a team that had 4 or 5 seniors this year? I can't see the NCAA letting teams carry that many extra players next year.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Cancel everything...Churches, grocery stores, gas stations, bingo parlors.... anywhere that people can possibly congregate... stay in your home, close the blinds, don't go outside for any reason.

That is all.
                  Should we cook the goat blood so we dont end up like the idiot that ate the raw bat?
                  Phi Alpha

Comment

• Jaime :((((((((((((

Comment

• Feel awful for Jaime and all seniors but in the grand scheme of things this was a perfect season to have the postseason canceled. This team wasn't going anywhere. I still believe it was a fractured team with holes to address going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

That would be nice but it would also create other problems unless you make the scholarships not count against the total. If they still count against the 13 someone else has to lose their's.

Even then what about a team that had 4 or 5 seniors this year? I can't see the NCAA letting teams carry that many extra players next year.
                        Good point .. but easily fixed. Not all players will want to go to school another year. Put waivers on scholarships for all players currently on teams or committed to teams. They expire as those players "graduate" using the new timelines.

Comment

• Question: At what point is changing societal behavior worth it? Let's say you can reduce the death count from 300,000 to 100,000 just by nationally cancelling all the sports stuff and restricting foreign travel? Are those 200,000 lives worth it? What you could only drop it from 300,000 down to 275,000? At what point do you just say, welp, death is a part of life and change nothing?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If the coronavirus happened 20 years ago, there would have been no cancellations of events where large groups of people would be gathered. Most likely there would have been a higher percentage of deaths from the virus, but the virus would have run it's course a lot faster. The way it is now, with no vaccine available fora year to a year and a half, it's going to last longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              If the coronavirus happened 20 years ago, there would have been no cancellations of events where large groups of people would be gathered. Most likely there would have been a higher percentage of deaths from the virus, but the virus would have run it's course a lot faster. The way it is now, with no vaccine available fora year to a year and a half, it's going to last longer.
                              This raises a question. Is it better to let nature run its course, or let human intervention try to take care of it?

Comment

• Anytime humans become involved it is worse

Comment

Working...
                                X