No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color are Shox wearing for first game?
    ​​​​​​Black
    White
    Gold
    Pink
    ?
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
      What color are Shox wearing for first game?
      ​​​​​​Black
      White
      Gold
      Pink
      ?
      I think Home teams are required to wear white.

Comment

• We will see how many Shocker fans travel the short distance to Dickies Arena. It is shorter than we've ever traveled to a past League Tournament in the Valley (St. Louis 7-8 hours) or the past two years in Orlando Florida (30 + hours driving) and Memphis Tennessee (10 hours or so). This year, the distance is only 5-6 hours. The following are quotes from Gregg Marshall who believes in the Shocker fans history of supporting Shocker basketball. He even put out a challenge to SMU.

Marshall said WSU should enjoy the advantage of having the most fans in the stands this week.

“There’ll be more Shocker fans than anybody else,” Marshall said. “There will probably be more Shocker fans than SMU fans, that’s a challenge to you Mustang fans. Get out there and support the American conference tournament. But I’m betting there will be more Shocker fans than anybody else.”

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          I disagree with this. We have to win two games to get in. It doesn’t matter who we beat in the first game, we still have to beat Cincinnati anyway. So might as well make the first game as easy as possible.
          Agree to Disagree. A Q2 win over UCONN likely puts us in Dayton at least. A Q3 win over Tulane means we HAVE to beat Cincy.

Even Lunardi put us in the "win and their in" category on his update category with the caveat that it has to be against UCONN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Agree to Disagree. A Q2 win over UCONN likely puts us in Dayton at least. A Q3 win over Tulane means we HAVE to beat Cincy.

Even Lunardi put us in the "win and their in" category on his update category with the caveat that it has to be against UCONN.
            Where did Lunardi say this?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Double Yikes Yikes on the service charge...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                I will say the first few cases of covid-19 in the DFW area have popped up over the last day or so.

Will be interesting to see if the AAC tries to go the "no fan" route.

I personally hope not, for many reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Where did Lunardi say this?

Comment

• NCAA just announced the NCAA tournament will be played with only essential personnel (no fans). Can't imagine this bodes well for fans at the AAC tournament but I suppose we'll find out here shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      NCAA just announced the NCAA tournament will be played with only essential personnel (no fans). Can't imagine this bodes well for fans at the AAC tournament but I suppose we'll find out here shortly.
                      I'm glad this didn't happen in a year when Wichita hosted.

I wonder what they'll do for Final Four. There is NO reason to play that game in a dome since no fans are there. I wonder if they would move it to the basketball arena in Atlanta to give it a more familiar basketball feel.
                      78-65

Comment

• LOTS of money better be going back in the pockets of the fans.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I'm glad this didn't happen in a year when Wichita hosted.

I wonder what they'll do for Final Four. There is NO reason to play that game in a dome since no fans are there. I wonder if they would move it to the basketball arena in Atlanta to give it a more familiar basketball feel.
                          I'm curious on how all this will work. Only the NCAA sells the tickets, so they will likely refund buyer through the original purchase. I'm sure a good chunk of those were resold .. how is that going to be handled I wonder ...

Comment

• Just wow.

Comment

• I’m thinking this virus creates zombies or something. There’s no other explanation for this reaction.

Comment

• Just wait for the Olympics to be canceled

Comment

Working...
                                X