Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Student-Athletes be paid for their name, image & likeness while scholarships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

If you're going to GIF mud wrestling, then GIF something we will actually look at for more than a second...if you know what I'm saying!!!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
      Not exactly what I was thinking about, but still funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Not really. Who we got to fund big dollar NIL deals?
        In Wichita? I'd say there are quite a few...including one of the richest men to ever walk the planet just a few streets north of the arena named after him. Not saying it all goes on him, but local businesses and influential almuni are a part of this. Instead of dropping hundreds of thousands at the SASO or Academic level, why not throw a few bucks towards the players?
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

In Wichita? I'd say there are quite a few...including one of the richest men to ever walk the planet just a few streets north of the arena named after him. Not saying it all goes on him, but local businesses and influential almuni are a part of this. Instead of dropping hundreds of thousands at the SASO or Academic level, why not throw a few bucks towards the players?
          Uncle Chuck gifted pocket change a couple decades ago. Let's not act like he's T Boone when it comes to athletics. It's not of his interest. More importantly none of the big wigs are going to invest until there's regime change.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Not exactly what I was thinking about, but still funny.
            The ones I found might be over the line even for here. And I found some good ones.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Unfortunately, having the wherewithal is of little value without the inclination.

Comment

• Questions are swirling over how a car that was contracted to an LSU football player through NIL ended up reportedly stolen and pulled over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Uncle Chuck gifted pocket change a couple decades ago. Let's not act like he's T Boone when it comes to athletics. It's not of his interest. More importantly none of the big wigs are going to invest until there's regime change.
                  The Kochs throw their money at education and political influence. I’d bet their interest in buying athletes is pretty far down the list.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Does it hurt your golf game playing with a chubby?

Comment

• I just wonder if and when the football powers decide to take basketball seriously, how that will reshape the entire landscape. Right now, the richest football schools dabble in basketball. They are good with some really good years sprinkled in. But nothing has made any of them stop and really dedicate to basketball. With the change in transfer rules and NIL money, if Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia and so on, decide to throw real money at basketball, can the rest of the world keep up? My guess would be no.

The biggest blueblood loser in that senario probably would be Kansas. With OU and UT leaving, the Big 12 media deal is going to shrink in the millions per school. KU won by being one of the few, and probably the most egregious cheaters in the game. I'm not sure they would have the ability to keep up, with having a reduced media deal, and the big football schools funneling more money into the sport. While I doubt their fans get it, the worst thing for a school like Kansas, is to allow everyone the opportunity to pay players.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Good choice young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            I just wonder if and when the football powers decide to take basketball seriously, how that will reshape the entire landscape. Right now, the richest football schools dabble in basketball. They are good with some really good years sprinkled in. But nothing has made any of them stop and really dedicate to basketball. With the change in transfer rules and NIL money, if Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia and so on, decide to throw real money at basketball, can the rest of the world keep up? My guess would be no.

The biggest blueblood loser in that senario probably would be Kansas. With OU and UT leaving, the Big 12 media deal is going to shrink in the millions per school. KU won by being one of the few, and probably the most egregious cheaters in the game. I'm not sure they would have the ability to keep up, with having a reduced media deal, and the big football schools funneling more money into the sport. While I doubt their fans get it, the worst thing for a school like Kansas, is to allow everyone the opportunity to pay players.
                            I’ve always thought this. The best basketball schools should really be the same schools that dominate football, or have the most resources. Schools like Kentucky, Duke, UNC and KU are still riding that tradition, but at some point, the big money has to take over.

Comment

I didn't know Hooters was still a thing.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I’ve always thought this. The best basketball schools should really be the same schools that dominate football, or have the most resources. Schools like Kentucky, Duke, UNC and KU are still riding that tradition, but at some point, the big money has to take over.
                                It will. All of the "bluebloods" are upside down on resourses. They have huge paydays because they are in a football conferences that have media rights deals that pays upward of 70% of revenue for football. Those schools divert that money; Kansas starves their football program for the sake of basketball. Memorial Stadium in Lawrence (I've been several times) is beyond a joke and an eyesore, it should be a disgrace. When the new B-12 media deal comes out, KU is in a bind. Without OU and UT, the Big 12 is worth less than half of its current value. The adds that the Big 12 pulled hardly move the football radar, BYU helps the most but isn't close to either OU or UT. And Kansas' dreams of a switch to the B1G ended when the adds were made. Exit fees would now crush Kansas.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X