Ede Egharevba - Left team, will transfer at end of semester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ede Egharevba - Left team, will transfer at end of semester

Coach Marshall stated in a Sullentrop piece that it is up to Ede if he wants to be a part of the team or not.

edit: Made official http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/11/209...eghraveba.html
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

This is disappointing if true. From everything I had been reading he was looking impressive all summer.

Comment

Any reason as to why he might leave?
      Livin the dream

Comment

Sad to see him go and good luck to him in the future.

With Murry, Smith, and Wessel depth at the 3 won't be an issue. Now Baker gets a scholarship next semester.

Comment

He might have been asked to red-shirt this season and didn't want to do so. Maybe he has seen Evan and Ron bury 3's in practice and realize playing time may be tough to come by for the next 4 years, and that doesn't even include any of our incoming recruits, Cleanthony Early, etc, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
            He might have been asked to red-shirt this season and didn't want to do so. Maybe he has seen Evan and Ron bury 3's in practice and realize playing time may be tough to come by for the next 4 years, and that doesn't even include any of our incoming recruits, Cleanthony Early, etc, etc...
            That would be my guess, but what good is guessing? We'll find out soon enough.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Could this have been the big news Mike Kennedy was wanting to relay last night?

Comment

coaches on the post-game show said this will be addressed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  Sad to see him go and good luck to him in the future.

With Murry, Smith, and Wessel depth at the 3 won't be an issue. Now Baker gets a scholarship next semester.
                  Or could go to Armstead, or Mitchell, or...
                  Livin the dream

Comment

The lack of anything official seems to indicate the door to returning is wide open. No matter what happens, remember that we all think Joe Mitchell made a good decision to leave Ohio. Ede might be in a similar situation. Let's not judge a teenager who may have made some decisions he regrets. Let's let him do what he thinks is best, regardless of what we think is best for him. We can't know what he's facing and dealing with.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Could this have been the big news Mike Kennedy was wanting to relay last night?
                      I'm pretty sure that would have been the Dave Dahl announcement. I don't think you would have had MK getting everyone pumped up, which he was doing, only to say that a player had left the team...

I dunno what's going on, but if he wants to move on, then let him move on. We will move on nicely. If he wants to come back and not miss out on the party, let him back.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

From his twitter feed, he sounds pissed and wants to get the hell out of Dodge as of yesterday.

Comment

I heard hes a huge Johnny Depp fan:pirate:
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Egharevba in limbo — WSU freshman Ede Egharevba did not play Tuesday and may not be a Shocker much longer.

"Ede is deciding if he wants to be a part of our program," Marshall said. "Not everybody is cut out to play Division I basketball, especially here. Ede is a good kid, good student."

Marshall said Egharevba remains in school. He is not practicing.

"It will come to a head real soon, but right now he is not with us," Marshall said.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/11/08/209...#ixzz1dBI91iPD

Comment

i hope he stays with the team. i think he has a lot of potential

Comment

Working...
                              X