Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    https://www.kwch.com/2020/07/20/baha...d-19-pandemic/

If this year's Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament wasn't in jeopardy before, it certainly is now.
    I don't understand. I would think those people in the Bahamas would know that this virus is just a hoax. It is not fair to not let Americans on the island. We are the richest and most powerful country in the world. Make college basketball great again. Tell them we have built a border wall in Colorado and that will defeat the virus. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I don't understand. I would think those people in the Bahamas would know that this virus is just a hoax. It is not fair to not let Americans on the island. We are the richest and most powerful country in the world. Make college basketball great again. Tell them we have built a border wall in Colorado and that will defeat the virus. Go Shocks.

Comment

If this year's Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament wasn't in jeopardy before, it certainly is now.
        Just gotta fly private. Since private planes are allowed ....

Comment

So is their leader now a racist? Where's CNN to report?
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

So is their leader now a racist? Where's CNN to report?
            He’s a xenophobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He’s a xenophobe.
              Apparently one of those. Lol I suppose he's lucky to not be a leader within the United States...lest he be under that kind of media scrutiny.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Looks like they are moving some of the other Bahamian tournaments to Florida, so that might happen with BOA as well. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Looks like they are moving some of the other Bahamian tournaments to Florida, so that might happen with BOA as well. Stay tuned.
                  Battle for Mickey Mouse here we come!

Comment

• nm
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Taylor had an article, giving an update on the latest info regarding the schedule (I’d post it...but I’m on mobile):

-27 total games
                      -20 league games (H/H round-robin)
                      -3 in South Dakota event
                      -4 more (OSU, Mizzou, at Ole Miss likely 3 of them)
                      -Likely no guarantee games due to needing similar testing procedures from opponents

It won’t be fun for the coaches and as fans, we’ll have to temper our usual early-season expectations...but this should be interesting and kinda entertaining to have every single game being in doubt when it tips off. I know that guarantee games have their purpose of developing experience for younger/newer players...but walking in the door knowing that we will name the score against the likes of Tennessee-Martin is not that intriguing to me.
                      78-65

Comment

Taylor had an article, giving an update on the latest info regarding the schedule (I’d post it...but I’m on mobile):

-27 total games
                        -3 in South Dakota event
                        -Likely no guarantee games due to needing similar testing procedures from opponents

It won’t be fun for the coaches and as fans, we’ll have to temper our usual early-season expectations...but this should be interesting and kinda entertaining to have every single game being in doubt when it tips off. I know that guarantee games have their purpose of developing experience for younger/newer players...but walking in the door knowing that we will name the score against the likes of Tennessee-Martin is not that intriguing to me.
                        Having an amazing slate of games all against good opponents .... only to not be able to watch in person due to COVID ... lol Dang it.

Comment

Taylor had an article, giving an update on the latest info regarding the schedule (I’d post it...but I’m on mobile):

-27 total games
                          -3 in South Dakota event

I might have dreamt it, but thought I read where the South Dakota tournament had been cancelled.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I might have dreamt it, but thought I read where the South Dakota tournament had been cancelled.
                            Kinda, sorta, but not exactly. Battle for Atlantis is canceled, not moved, and the organizers have nothing to do with any South Dakota tournament. That said, all teams except Duke have agreed to play in South Dakota. Duke is cobbling together their own social justice tourney.

At least thats how I understand it.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Kinda, sorta, but not exactly. Battle for Atlantis is canceled, not moved, and the organizers have nothing to do with any South Dakota tournament. That said, all teams except Duke have agreed to play in South Dakota. Duke is cobbling together their own social justice tourney.

At least thats how I understand it.
                              If Duke is the only cancellation, they can find one team to replace them. I would also think that we would have the opportunity to find one more game (most likely a regional team from Texas, Iowa, Colorado, or Nebraska for the final game. We have ties with many of them.

Also, as to Stickboy's comment, has it already been determined that no fans will go to games? I think that some will be allowed in. These regional states where our games are being scheduled are usually not as opposed to some attendance of fans. At least, it seems that Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, etc. are allowing some opening up of economies. I'm sure it won't be full attendance, but 25 percent or so seems possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If Duke is the only cancellation, they can find one team to replace them. I would also think that we would have the opportunity to find one more game (most likely a regional team from Texas, Iowa, Colorado, or Nebraska for the final game. We have ties with many of them.

Also, as to Stickboy's comment, has it already been determined that no fans will go to games? I think that some will be allowed in. These regional states where our games are being scheduled are usually not as opposed to some attendance of fans. At least, it seems that Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, etc. are allowing some opening up of economies. I'm sure it won't be full attendance, but 25 percent or so seems possible.
                                No it hasn't been said no fans. It says limited fans and my comment was from my perspective. I'm way too far down the list of donors in order to make the cut for 25% attendance lol :)

Comment

Working...
                                X