2020-21 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If Duke is the only cancellation, they can find one team to replace them. I would also think that we would have the opportunity to find one more game (most likely a regional team from Texas, Iowa, Colorado, or Nebraska for the final game. We have ties with many of them.

Also, as to Stickboy's comment, has it already been determined that no fans will go to games? I think that some will be allowed in. These regional states where our games are being scheduled are usually not as opposed to some attendance of fans. At least, it seems that Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, etc. are allowing some opening up of economies. I'm sure it won't be full attendance, but 25 percent or so seems possible.
    I dont know anything about fans, I do know Nebraska will not fill Duke's slot. Nebraska is trying to schedule their own mini tourney like Duke. The Battle for Lincoln, my guess UMKC will be the premier team.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No it hasn't been said no fans. It says limited fans and my comment was from my perspective. I'm way too far down the list of donors in order to make the cut for 25% attendance lol :)
      Kemnitz said attendance will be based on priority points and they will be reaching out in the next two weeks to allocate seats. No mention of how many seats they will have available.

I am assuming that means they go down the priority point list and see if you are attending, if you are u pick out your seat, if not they move down the list until it is expended or the allotted seats are filled.

Comment

• The thing to remember is that there may be some lower-priority donors that get seats instead of higher-priority donors because of seat location. I would not be surprised if there are some higher donors who’d rather not have tickets than have to sit in Row 32.
        78-65

Comment

• Are they still giving out student tickets (limited or otherwise) or is that no longer happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            Are they still giving out student tickets (limited or otherwise) or is that no longer happening?
            Jay Golden and the Sunflower say yes. SASO says no.

Comment

• I NEED ME SOME WSU BASKETBALL!!!!!!

And grammar lessons!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Not Shocker related, but not suprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Kemnitz said attendance will be based on priority points and they will be reaching out in the next two weeks to allocate seats. No mention of how many seats they will have available.

I am assuming that means they go down the priority point list and see if you are attending, if you are u pick out your seat, if not they move down the list until it is expended or the allotted seats are filled.
                  This is where it could get very interesting. A lot of years have past since the last "reseating". Businesses have been able to retain their Priority Points through the years, before and after the reseating, while some families have lost their points due to deaths of parents, but allowed to keep their seating if they continue at the same or higher level of SASO while they "rebuild" their points. Nevertheless, these families have gone from being near the front of the line to closer to the back of the line when it comes to Priority Points depending on when their generational transition took place.

Unfortunately, the "business seating" is usually what people notice at games being left open with few to none of the seats being used at ball games. I believe that families are much better about seeing that someone is using their seats when they are not able to use them.

Then, add to this with what WuShock16 stated. The lower bowl may have fewer people than the upper bowl. Also, those who have already paid SASO and tickets may decide to opt out this year and take their money back.

Times are a changing. With other options to be able to watch the games, WSU may want to review their "priority" approach to businesses over families.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Not Shocker related, but not suprised.

Yeah, my earlier statement about Nebraska stands. This may backfire on a few teams.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Kinda, sorta, but not exactly. Battle for Atlantis is canceled, not moved, and the organizers have nothing to do with any South Dakota tournament. That said, all teams except Duke have agreed to play in South Dakota. Duke is cobbling together their own social justice tourney.

At least thats how I understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Duke is cobbling together their own recruiting tourney disguised as a social justice tourney.
                        FIFY
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Here is an article on the moving of the Battle 4 Atlantis Tourney. It says that there are multiple teams waiting in the wings to replace Duke.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...for-own-event/

The Battle 4 Atlantis has officially canceled its 2020 tournament, which was scheduled to be played Nov. 25-27 in the Bahamas. A verified Twitter account connected to the event confirmed as much Friday.

But just because the event is officially canceled doesn't mean all the teams scheduled to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis are without a tournament. Multiple sources told CBS Sports that the event organizers behind the Battle 4 Atlantis held a conference call on Thursday to confirm that all the schools scheduled to play in the event were still on board to participate in the tournament moving from the Bahamas to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with the exception of the most notable: Duke.

Creighton, Memphis, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Utah, West Virginia and Wichita State affirmed their commitment. Sources said the event has multiple schools in the wings to replace Duke and/or any others that may end up opting out. (Utah has not been given clearance to play yet because Pac-12 presidents and chancellors haven't reversed their August decision to halt all fall and winter sports until Jan. 1.)

The yet-to-be-named South Dakota tournament is scheduled to be played Nov. 25-27, keeping in line with the original dates for the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Comment

• "Not The Battle for Atlantis"
                            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                LOL!!!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X